Contribute
Register

Crazy/Funny experience (journey into "nonsense")

Motherboard
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
CPU
i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone, I want to briefly share this crazy experience of mine, useful to those who are (like me) always looking for "things to do".
My experience born from impulse and the desire to "never stand still".
I recently upgraded from 9900K to 13900K (my build experience at this link).

Not satisfied, I had the brilliant (!) idea of mounting two RX 6900 XT. Yes! TWO!!!
Exactly, as if just one wasn't enough...
On my old PC (9900K) I had put two Vega64, with an increase of about 60% in performance compared to the single video card... why not try it again?

So... I bought two Phantom Gaming Asrock RX6900XT... and let's start with screwdrivers.

What am I telling you to do?

Even though the MoBo allows you to virtually mount two PCIe cards, the problems arose one at a time.

1. Power supply: it did not have 6 power cables for the dGPUs.. (I did not think about it!). No problem...
I bought a splitter and I found a solution.

2. the best part is... there was NO way to mount the two cards inside the case (NZXT h500/510i).
Exact.
NZXT 500 is among the smallest (although perhaps not the smallest) case for ATX MoBo... and I bought It for the small dimension!

The length of the RX6900XT video card completely occupies (per millimetre) the available space (there is also the liquid heatsink radiator).
The first one is assembled... no problem!

But then letting the second one in is not possible.
Because to get the first one "inside" the case... you have to "play" by moving it inside the case until it fits into the rear holes of the case. You have no excess millimeters (in length)..

The first one is assembled... AND no more available space to fit the second... game over!
The second one doesn't fit! There is NO way to get it in the case!

Result: sold both and switched to a more "adequate" RX 6800 XT (1cm less... but a lot more health!).

You don't need to comment on my experience, because I made the comments myself!

It cost me the cost of the splitters (I resold the two cards at the same price as the purchase).

But it is a useful experience to understand how far the urge to "do and undo" can go.

It's a shame I wasn't able to take some pictures (I've "closed" this crazy experience two weeks ago... and I didn't think to share it before...)

Good laughs.
:)

PS: in Italy sometime, in this cases, we talk about "Giufà" (Giufà)

Last edited:
Back