Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 970
Been Hackin' since Snow Leopard, this is the first time I've been completely stuck on an install.

I'm doing a fresh install on an SSD. I boot via the USB and when I get to the install screen ("about 2 minutes remaining") after about 10 seconds the machine crashes to black and restarts. The errror log reads as such :

"osinstallersetup[591]: Target is not convertible to APFS: You may not install to this volume because it cannot be converted to..."
"osishelperd[608]: Failed to prep /Volumes/OS X Base System 1 for brtool"

Screenshot_20180601-100426.png

I've tried disabling APFS several ways. Using the steps in this link I modded the installer. I also tried the steps outlined in the standard guide, but I get an error message : "no volumes with /macos install data/minstallconfig.xml found exiting"

I've tried the standard clover that comes with unibeast, the latest clover, and Rehab man's clover to no avail.

Any suggestions?

I am having the same issue here!

I seem to be having the exact same problem, did either of you find an answer?

regards

I’m also having the same issue.
I followed the guid but still have this problem.
I also tried to use the terminal to avoid convert to apfs but whenever it reached to 20% it directly jumped to 100% and rebooted.
Is there anyone can help?

Attachments

• 867F770C-D31C-49A3-A276-DBDD7D0D0630.jpeg
    867F770C-D31C-49A3-A276-DBDD7D0D0630.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 157
  • DCDD7E48-B45F-4300-AA44-19B1A1C436D1.jpeg
    DCDD7E48-B45F-4300-AA44-19B1A1C436D1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I have an Asus GL703GS laptop (it has a dedicated Nvidia 1070 with no integrated Intel gpu), installing to Samsung SSD. When the install reaches the "about 2 minutes remaining" point, it stalls/hangs/gets stuck. Keyboard and mouse become unresponsive. I can hear the fans blowing fairly loudly and the keyboard backlight is active, but there's no way to control the system, so I am forced to reboot manually by holding down the power button.

(I realize that this is the Desktops section, but I am wondering whether this might be a related issue.)

I have an Asus GL703GS laptop
(I realize that this is the Desktops section, but I am wondering whether this might be a related issue.)
No it's not related.
For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant High Sierra Laptop Support forum.

I solved this by downloading the install app again. Initially the app I got only 19 mb and I used the guide to download the whole app. But i still had the issue. After that i used a patcher i searched to get the whole app. I just simply replaced the install app and it work. Somehow the app download from the app store didn't work on my system.

Hope this can help someone!

Attachments

• 91BE488A-0B7E-401A-BF1D-861B3DF267CE.jpeg
    91BE488A-0B7E-401A-BF1D-861B3DF267CE.jpeg
    959.8 KB · Views: 176
I solved this by downloading the install app again. Initially the app I got only 19 mb and I used the guide to download the whole app. But i still had the issue. After that i used a patcher i searched to get the whole app. I just simply replaced the install app and it work. Somehow the app download from the app store didn't work on my system.

Hope this can help someone!

I have the same mistake as you, write in more detail what you did. You are welcome.
5 day I can not solve the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back