Contribute
Register

Crashes without warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
No overclocking.

All my system diagnostics say that everything is fine, and I've made sure all my connections are secure. Is there something other than system diagnostics I should be checking?

One other thing of note. With the my most recent clean-install I'm reinstalling all my software, and I'm having installers fail left and right from more than one developer too.

One other thing of note. With the my most recent clean-install I'm reinstalling all my software, and I'm having installers fail left and right from more than one developer too.

May I please see your EFI folder? I have no idea why you are experiencing these problems but would like to take a look at your EFI folder to see if there are any glaring issues...

Also, do you have Windows installed? Do you experience anomalies in Windows?

May I please see your EFI folder?
Absolutely. I'll upload it tonight or tomorrow morning (depending on how late I get home from work).

@pastrychef: here it is. Thanks in advance for any insights!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 127
@pastrychef: here it is. Thanks in advance for any insights!

Your config.plist seems very basic. There are probably a few things you can do to make macOS run better, but nothing stands out that can cause your random crashes.

Do you have Windows installed? Do you get the same random crashes in Windows?

No windows install here.

I had around 4 months of easentially flawless computing before i started getting these random reboots too.

No windows install here.

I had around 4 months of easentially flawless computing before i started getting these random reboots too.

If at all possible, I would recommend trying to run your system with either Windows or Linux for a while to see if you get the random reboots. If the system also experiences the same type of random reboots, it's likely that you have a hardware issue.

hm. i've never installed windows or linux on a system before. any suggestions about where to go to learn how?

alternately, any thoughts on diagnosing a hardware problem without installing another os? I'm 90% sure this is hardware related, as I've nuked my software setup and rebuilt it multiple times now and still had the same problem. What I'm not sure of is what could possibly be failing or how to narrow down the list of options.

hm. i've never installed windows or linux on a system before. any suggestions about where to go to learn how?

alternately, any thoughts on diagnosing a hardware problem without installing another os? I'm 90% sure this is hardware related, as I've nuked my software setup and rebuilt it multiple times now and still had the same problem. What I'm not sure of is what could possibly be failing or how to narrow down the list of options.

I'm sure you can find some how-to guides on YouTube. It's not hard.

I think this is the most effective way of determining if it's a hardware issue.

If you experience the same type of random crashes, then I think it's very safe to assume it's hardware and you can try to narrow down which component is the root of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back