Contribute
Register

Crash with "kdp_poll" after displaying Apple welcome installation screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should try 2.
Perhaps some laptops have 4 slots, but I've never seen one.
Possibility to know for sure is only via physical inspection.
If you're guessing at things, you should be prepared to make multiple guesses.

Through the last week, I made the following choices/selections trials:
* Slot Count = 4 | Slot 1 & Slot 3
* Slot Count = 2 | Slot 0 & Slot 1
* Slot Count = 2 | Slot 1 & Slot 2
* Trust Flag = True
* Trust Flag = False

For all the above trials & their permutations/combinations the results were always the same:
The preboot.log | Smbios section displays the same content (I even compare them with a text comparing tool), and the installation gets stuck at the same point/message.

I wonder why changing the content of the config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory did not affect or change the preboot.log | Smbios log ?
Attached is the updated CLOVER.zip

Thank You !

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
The preboot.log | Smbios section displays the same content (I even compare them with a text comparing tool),

Not expected to change.

Not expected to change.

OK... Thanks for clarifying.

So if changing the config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory did not solve the main installation issue (that gets stuck at the same point/message), what else can I do or try to fix the issue ?

OK... Thanks for clarifying.

So if changing the config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory did not solve the main installation issue (that gets stuck at the same point/message), what else can I do or try to fix the issue ?
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Very sorry for the huge delay owing to a death in the family...

The macOS was downloaded for Apple official site:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-sierra/id1127487414?mt=12

USB created through an Apple Mac Pro running in a macOS High Sierra, on a 16GB Kingston DataTraveler...

I also made few more installation trials (blocking the "RealtekRTL8100.kext" injected kext), and the following happened:
The installation reached the "a minute remaining" progress message, got stuck at this message for more than 9 hours (over night), then the system restarted to Windows.
I booted to the USB and found the "Boot macOS Install from OS_X (target partition)" entry in Clover. So following the guide, I booted that entry to continue the installation.
BUT, I got the following error message (attached below):
"The macOS installation conldn't be completed."
Then I tried to save the log, but the machine did hang for about 45 mins than restarted without saving the log.
Repeating the previous step (booting to to the USB then booting from OS_X partition) always leads to a the same crash:
"Waiting for remote debugger connection.
kdp_poll: no debugger device"
Latest CLOVER.zip (with preboot.log is also attached)...

Please Help !

Attachments

• Kingston DataTraveler.jpg
    Kingston DataTraveler.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 38
  • macPro.jpg
    macPro.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 41
  • macOS Installation Error.jpg
    macOS Installation Error.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
Very sorry for the huge delay owing to a death in the family...

The macOS was downloaded for Apple official site:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-sierra/id1127487414?mt=12

USB created through an Apple Mac Pro running in a macOS High Sierra, on a 16GB Kingston DataTraveler...

I also made few more installation trials (blocking the "RealtekRTL8100.kext" injected kext), and the following happened:
The installation reached the "a minute remaining" progress message, got stuck at this message for more than 9 hours (over night), then the system restarted to Windows.
I booted to the USB and found the "Boot macOS Install from OS_X (target partition)" entry in Clover. So following the guide, I booted that entry to continue the installation.
BUT, I got the following error message (attached below):
"The macOS installation conldn't be completed."
Then I tried to save the log, but the machine did hang for about 45 mins than restarted without saving the log.
Repeating the previous step (booting to to the USB then booting from OS_X partition) always leads to a the same crash:
"Waiting for remote debugger connection.
kdp_poll: no debugger device"
Latest CLOVER.zip (with preboot.log is also attached)...

Please Help !

Make sure you're using a USB2 flash drive.

Make sure you're using a USB2 flash drive.

Yes, sure... It is a USB2.0 flash drive (please check the attached picture)...

Attachments

• Kingston USB2.0.jpg
    Kingston USB2.0.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 48
You might want to re-download, re-create USB just to make sure there is not something wrong with it...
As per guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Also, check BIOS settings.

Re-download macOS Installation ---> Done
Re-create USB ---> Done
Re-check all steps in the guide ---> Done
Re-check the BIOS settings ---> Done

Unfortunately, same behavior and same results...

What else can I do ? What could be the cause of the unstable/incomplete & unsuccessful installation ?

Re-download macOS Installation ---> Done
Re-create USB ---> Done
Re-check all steps in the guide ---> Done
Re-check the BIOS settings ---> Done

Unfortunately, same behavior and same results...

What else can I do ? What could be the cause of the unstable/incomplete & unsuccessful installation ?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back