i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys.

I'm on a GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 F10, and the weirdest thing keeps happening to me, installations after installations.

My hack is just freezes as hell (well, not as hell, because I can still move my mouse) when I'm using Google Drive. Now, it's not a spontaneous issue. It's happening after a long period of time. Before that issue, everything works like a charm, except maybe the USB 3.0 who keeps crashing, and the autopowered USB hard drives who just make "clicks" sound forever and doesn't appear.

I'm thinking that this is maybe a S.M.A.R.T. or at least a hard drive issue. I've got one big SATA hard drive for storage, which is not in use most of the time, only when I need some stuff on it, who appears as S.M.A.R.T. defecting in Onyx.

I'm copy/pasting the console log, but I can't find a pattern for the freezings ****s : http://pastebin.com/22biAf2n

I've already look in the old threads for same issues, but never found anything…

I dont think there is any SMART issue. My guess is that you are having some issues with power management.

I'd try to disable PM in preference pane, and also look inside bios settings for any "USB power save" feature your board may have.

Ok so I've disabled everything in the PM panel, and so far so good. Google Drive is up and running.

The really strange thing is, it's only happening with Google Drive. I forgot to mention, for those who might have the same issue, that I'm using the freezefix.app for the bug with the 560Ti fermi issue. Now I'm thinking maybe I could stop that program and look if it's working like a charm, who knows.

I would never have guessed it was a PM issue ! Thanks a lot emaf !

EDIT : seems like it fixed my freezefix.app issue too. Thanks so much !

REEDIT : no it didn't. But thanks anyway !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back