Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
CPU
Quad-Core i7-3770k
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 970
So in a nutshell... I want to watch content on my LG TV (indoors), via Plex, which is stored on my Hackintosh (in a garden office).

I have a Virgin Hub (indoors). My Hackintosh is wired to a TP Link router (in garden office). The remote TP Link router is directly wired into the Virgin Hub.

The LG TV is indoors and on the Virgin Hub network.

Initially the LG TV wouldn't even see the Plex server in the garden office; with there being two routers involved, there were some 'double-NAT' issues within Plex, so I managed to follow a quick guide on and resolve that, which means the TV is now capable of seeing the Plex server and content. Good stuff.

But as soon as I go to play any of the movies, the Hackintosh freezes up (screenshot here of the issues).

For comparison, when I have the Hackintosh indoors and wired directly to the Virgin Hub, I can play the Plex content through the LG TV without any issues. The problem is somehow being caused by the double routers.

Can anyone suggest what is causing the issue/how to fix, just from this screenshot? I can post the Hackintosh specs and more details if it will help.

Attachments

• IMG_8043.jpg
    IMG_8043.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
I see you have a GT 640. What version of Mac are you running?

I see you have a GT 640. What version of Mac are you running?

No sorry, that was an old spec - now running MSI GTX 970.

Currently running 10.10.5, haven't yet found the time to mess about with a more recent update and all the fun and games that usually comes with it!

No sorry, that was an old spec - now running MSI GTX 970.

Currently running 10.10.5, haven't yet found the time to mess about with a more recent update and all the fun and games that usually comes with it!

Upload your EFI and I will take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back