Contribute
Register

Crash when trying to install El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I did...

1. I'm gonna try what you suggest. But do I leave EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other empty?

2. Just another question... When I installed UniBeast, I didn't know exactly what to check in "Graphics Configuration".

Yes I did...

1. I'm gonna try what you suggest. But do I leave EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other empty?

2. Just another question... When I installed UniBeast, I didn't know exactly what to check in "Graphics Configuration".
you put your kexts in the "other" folder fakesmc etc

I did it... Still have the same crash.

but you don't have the same crash when you boot from your usb installer ?
I'm booting from Unbeast installed on a USB drive, but what do you mean by booting from my usb installer?

I'm booting from Unbeast installed on a USB drive, but what do you mean by booting from my usb installer?
usb installer is the unibeast :)

then you need to mount the usb efi partition, copy that efi folder to your desktop, then unmount it, then mount the efi partition on your macos drive and then copy the efi folder from your desktop to your efi partition on your hard drive and that should do the job (providing you installed mulibeast/clover to the main hard drive going by the guide)

Goldfinger76,
I'm assuming you're talking about El Capitan. Please tell us whether the system is crashing trying to install El Capitan on a hd or did you successfully install it and are experiencing the crash when you boot from the usb and select El Capitan on the hd?

The system is crashing when trying to install El Capitan.

photo 1.JPG

The install starts (black screen with a white apple)

photo 2.JPG

and it crashes!
photo 3.JPG

Another thing that might be a problem:

I have one 16GB RAM and two 8GB RAM.

-> If I insert all of them (it should be 32GB) the M.I.T. Current status says there is only 16GB
-> If I insert one 16GB or two 8GB (it should be 16GB) the M.I.T. current status says there is only 8GB.

You can't populate 3 DDR3 slots in a GB GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3. If you use the 16GB then leave the others empty, or if you use the 2x 8GB (for dual channel) then don't use the 16GB DDR3 module. Next, at least during installation, set in the bios:

CPU Cores = 1
Turbo Boost = disable
Virtualization Technology = disable
Extreme Hard Drive (XHD) = disable
PCH SATA Control = AHCI
HPET Mode = 64-bit mode

Inspect the config.plist on the usb installer to make sure you don't have nvidia =1 (you should not have selected Nvidia or AMD display when you made the installer)

If you still get the kp, attach your config.plist

You can't populate 3 DDR3 slots in a GB GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3. If you use the 16GB then leave the others empty, or if you use the 2x 8GB (for dual channel) then don't use the 16GB DDR3 module. Next, at least during installation, set in the bios:

CPU Cores = 1
Turbo Boost = disable
Virtualization Technology = disable
Extreme Hard Drive (XHD) = disable
PCH SATA Control = AHCI
HPET Mode = 64-bit mode

Inspect the config.plist on the usb installer to make sure you don't have nvidia =1 (you should not have selected Nvidia or AMD display when you made the installer)

If you still get the kp, attach your config.plist

- I've changed the BIOS parameters but didn't find XHD and HPET mode.
- I'm now using 16GB RAM in the 1st slot but only 8GB are available.
- I don't have my other computer her so I'll check the config.plist later

Right now, it crashes but the screen is not exactly the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back