Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,
I tried to install mac os X on my Acer 5740G (intel Core i5 with Ati Radeon HD 5470) using the retail Snow Leopard 10.6.2 DVD of my MiniMac.
I successfully boot with iBoot and I installed Mac OS X without errors and also the second boot (starting always with iBoot) was fine.
The problem is if I try to upgrade to 10.6.5. Installation fail before end and system panic.
After this error the system can't boot anymore and I need to reinstall from scratch.

After several installation now I'm using MAC OS X 10.6.2 and I need to boot with iBoot.
Wireless is working but graphics is max to 1024x768.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

marcocanto said:
Hi all,
I tried to install mac os X on my Acer 5740G (intel Core i5 with Ati Radeon HD 5470) using the retail Snow Leopard 10.6.2 DVD of my MiniMac.
I successfully boot with iBoot and I installed Mac OS X without errors and also the second boot (starting always with iBoot) was fine.
The problem is if I try to upgrade to 10.6.5. Installation fail before end and system panic.
After this error the system can't boot anymore and I need to reinstall from scratch.

After several installation now I'm using MAC OS X 10.6.2 and I need to boot with iBoot.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks
There was never a 10.6.2 retail disc.

MacMan said:
marcocanto said:
Hi all,

Any suggestion ?

Thanks
There was never a 10.6.2 retail disc.

Hmm... Maybe its 10.6 ?

I bought a MiniMac and I used its retaild DVD disk

after installation on my Acer's notebook I have the following data on the Info :

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C2234)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.5.0
Boot Volume: Snow Leopard
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: zzmc468’s Mac mini
User Name: zzmc468 (zzmc468)
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Time since boot: 52 minutes

So I suppose that my retail DVD is a 10.6.2 one

But what about my hang installing 10.6.5 combo update ? Any ideas ?

If you are hanging at the end of the boot process, it is probably a video conflict. Most times you can test this by booting off of the iBoot CD and selecting your new install.
If this works, then notice the drivers that are blacklisted. Save them in a separate folder and delete them from the s/l/e. You should boot up in the vesa 1024x768 mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back