Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Crash/freeze after login-Solution

The system was working fine, then the following started to happen:

The system crashes (when any flags are added) or freezes (when no flags are added). As per the attachment the issue probably has something to do with FakeSMC (HWmonitor kext) as per http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...onster-ssd-build-geekbench-score-20313-a.html

2/ HWMonitor will Kernel Panic the system if you have the GPUMonitors.kext plugin for FakeSMC
a/ This will happen after the login screen (if you don't enable auto login straight to desktop)
b/ This will happen as soon as you hit the desktop with HWMonitor module loaded up on the top status bar
c/ HWMonitor will NOT crash the system if you delete the GPUMonitors.kext from inside FakeSMC.kext

The issue is that I can't get into the system in order to delete anything, booting with -x causes the system to crash a second after login. So to delete kexts I removed the HD, put it in an external enclosure and deleted the plugins inside the FakeSMC.kext...the computer crashes on startup (with no flags)

Although the computer will not start normally it will in safe mode. I used flags: -v -x and then uninstalled HWmonitor menu bar. The system now boots. Hope this can help others

Attachments

• 2013-01-09_17-57-10_975.jpg
    2013-01-09_17-57-10_975.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
You have helped me, good sir. Thanks for the instructions. Fixed my issue.

No problem. Per gx, you can actually run HWmonitor if you delete GPUsensors within the FakeSMC.kext.

S/L/E...FakeSMC (right click, show package contents)...contents...plugins...(delete GPUsensors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back