Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 740
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am looking for the best place to start to try and trouble shoot my current disaster.
I had two drives that were working one had some back ups and the other was a live working version of 10.12. I did a time machine back up and tried to upgrade from the app store. My Internet crashed in sometime in the middle of the install and now neither drive will boot. I tried using the Clover recovery but that just boots to a white screen and a beach ball.

Looking for the next steps to try and get this up and running so I can try and recover from time machine. I also have a new SSD that I could try to start over but hoping not to loose what I had on the current build.

Wanted to follow up. After reading more I thought it could be the graphics card, I changed the bios setting
Intel Processor Graphics: Changed to enabled instead of disabled.
Result: The computer seemed like it was going to boot up, because I heard the speakers kick on like it used to but then it just booted back to the clover screen.

I am going to try and remove the graphics card altogether and see if that works. Just wanted to post this incase someone has any input that I might be missing.

Of course it ended up being an unsupported graphics card, for now hopefully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back