Contribute
Register

Crackling noise develops, gets stronger, audio gets quieter, and then goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, after upgrading to mavericks on my GA-Z77X-UD5H, with an i7. After 5 or so minutes after playing any audio from anywhere, the sound starts to disrupt and crackle slightly, and then it gradually gets worse over 15 seconds to the point where the audio just stops and you hear just crackles here and there. I am using an audio interface as my sound device hooked up by usb. (it's a scarlett 2i2). I'm sure I installed the correct audio driver, as it used to work the first day after upgrading, but now it doesn't. Any help?

Hello, after upgrading to mavericks on my GA-Z77X-UD5H, with an i7. After 5 or so minutes after playing any audio from anywhere, the sound starts to disrupt and crackle slightly, and then it gradually gets worse over 15 seconds to the point where the audio just stops and you hear just crackles here and there. I am using an audio interface as my sound device hooked up by usb. (it's a scarlett 2i2). I'm sure I installed the correct audio driver, as it used to work the first day after upgrading, but now it doesn't. Any help?

try one of these two possible solutions (courtesy of /gx and Mangad)

Go into Audio MIDI Setup, and change your output sampling rate to 48kHz or 96kHz.
That should solve your problem. If one doesn't work, try the other.

A Static noise problem is well known. It appeared in 10.8.4.
Just Disable in Chrome local Flash plugin and leave General Flash plugin enabled.
The problem is a local Chrome flash plugin.
Not the OSX and an audio driver.

1. Go chrome://plugins in Chrome.
2. Then click "Details" at the top right corner.
3. Disable the plugin that located at the local Chrome folder.
4. Close and restart app

try one of these two possible solutions (courtesy of /gx and Mangad)

Go into Audio MIDI Setup, and change your output sampling rate to 48kHz or 96kHz.
That should solve your problem. If one doesn't work, try the other.

A Static noise problem is well known. It appeared in 10.8.4.
Just Disable in Chrome local Flash plugin and leave General Flash plugin enabled.
The problem is a local Chrome flash plugin.
Not the OSX and an audio driver.

1. Go chrome://plugins in Chrome.
2. Then click "Details" at the top right corner.
3. Disable the plugin that located at the local Chrome folder.
4. Close and restart app

I tried the first solution, and it worked, but then came back, so I basically have to keep switching between 48, and 96kHz every 5 minutes.

And I don't have chrome so i can't do the second option.

Problem still arises though, unless I keep switching the Hz every 5 minutes.

I tried the first solution, and it worked, but then came back, so I basically have to keep switching between 48, and 96kHz every 5 minutes.

And I don't have chrome so i can't do the second option.

Problem still arises though, unless I keep switching the Hz every 5 minutes.

Did you ever find a solution? I have exactly the same problem with my 2i2. If you didn't find a solution what did you do then? Did you change to a different USB audio interface?

Would appreciate any information. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back