CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Vega 64 (flashed Vega 56)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is anyone else experiencing crackling audio? It seems to happen when switching windows and scrolling. It also seems to get progressively worse. Its usually fine for a while and then starts happening. It manifests in a small crackle with my built in sound. My Apogee Quartet gets so bad that its barely usable. I am using AppleALC.kext. Also yes, I know its a beta. I'm not complaining, just seeing if anyone else is experiencing this.

the errors I get when this happens are as follows

HALS_IOA1Engine::EndWriting: got an error from the kernel trap, Error: 0xE00002EE
Audio IO Overload inputs: '<private>' outputs: '<private>' cause: 'Unknown' prewarming: no recovering: no

I have the same problem on my NUC8i7BEH, and I also want to know how to fix it.

So far I think the problem has been fixed in the latest beta.

I have this problem with the final version of Catalina (non beta). @antieatingactivist did you find a solution?

I have this problem with the final version of Catalina (non beta). @antieatingactivist did you find a solution?

Out of curiousity, did you clean install the final version of catalina or did you update through the public betas? I would give it a try but im upgrading to a Z390 motherboard/cpu in a few days, so ill report back.

Still happening with a z390 setup :(

Same happening here, couldn't test my onboard audio as I us a USB audio interface. Happens with the audio interface and also even over airplay! (playing audio over YouTube) Also happens with AirPods so must be something to do with decoding of YouTube. Im yet to have any issues with Apple Music app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back