RX 6950 XT XFX
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've used Mac Pro 7,1 for a few months with my i9-13900KF and CPUFriend + CPUFriendDataProvider. I recently added CPUTopologyRebuild (which added some performance). With a slight undervolt in BIOS, my best Cinebench R23 score is 37,250.

THE PROBLEM
After a few minutes of idle, temps would rise from 39C to 57C and radiator fans slightly ramp up with no added background process what-so-ever.

THE SOLUTION
After trying to rebuild CPUFriendDataProvider with CPUFriendFriend - which failed - and numerous searches online, I tried the iMac Pro 1,1. Temps idle at 39C all day long and sleep works - so far. I always run into problems waking after more than 3 sleep. We will see.

Benchmarks are very similar! Without undervolting, scores will be more around 36,000. Even with the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, running all cores on Cinebench with auto BIOS settings results in a roughly 5.2Ghz max. Undervolting slightly allows less throttling thus a better score.

Thought I'd share!

EDIT: more tests and findings with Cpufriend - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z690-aero-g-i5-12600k-amd-rx-6800-xt.317179/post-2390856

Attachments

• CPUFriendDataProvider.kext.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
After trying to rebuild CPUFriendDataProvider with CPUFriendFriend - which failed - and numerous searches online, I tried the iMac Pro 1,1. Temps idle at 39C all day long and sleep works - so far. I always run into problems waking after more than 3 sleep. We will see.
Did you try to disable XMP?
Have you tested if changes somethings (3 sleep/wake cycles)?
In my case I found that with XMP enabled I lose in stability in sleep/wake.
With XMP disabled I keep my hack always ON for some days and sleep/wake works well (also Bluetooth after wake works well)... but after some days... pluff! It goes "freezed".... I've to unplug and turn on again.

Did you try to disable XMP?
Have you tested if changes somethings (3 sleep/wake cycles)?
In my case I found that with XMP enabled I lose in stability in sleep/wake.
With XMP disabled I keep my hack always ON for some days and sleep/wake works well (also Bluetooth after wake works well)... but after some days... pluff! It goes "freezed".... I've to unplug and turn on again.
I always have XMP on and now I am stable after more than 3 wakes by having VT-d on. Here's my latest post regarding more news and tests with Cpufriend: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z690-aero-g-i5-12600k-amd-rx-6800-xt.317179/post-2390856

Back