Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys,

here are my Hack's specs:

Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H (revision 1.1) motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 graphics
Intel Core i3-3210 3.2GHz processor

My problem is that my Hack wakes when i press the power button [i can hear the fans come on] however my display won't come on. I've tried changing darkwake values and also tried using the NVIDIA web driver but haven't been having much luck. I also tried to simply re-plug the HDMI cable to the gfx card but that doesn't help too. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
mindhormone

This is a common problem with OS X, I would suggest 3 individual things to start:
- Check online to see if this is a knowen issue with your motherboard.
- Check multibeast for fixes
- Disable display sleep

There aren't any fixes in MultiBeast and I don't see how turning off display sleep would help as that prevents the entire system from sleeping. [I use Caffeine for that]... No issues for my motherboard/graphics on the Internet, at least as far as Google can search. Any other suggestions?

If you have a USB installer, boot from that then allow yout computer to sleep, then attempt to wake it up, or boot using legacy instead of UFEI

If you have a USB installer, boot from that then allow yout computer to sleep, then attempt to wake it up, or boot using legacy instead of UFEI

Okay i tried to remove my gfx card and use HD 4000 instead. But now I need NullCPUPowerManagement because I get a KP with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement... Any suggestions?

In your BIOS disable cpu power saving of any kind. I have not encountered that error but I have heard of it.

As for the GTX 760 I put an old GeForce 8600 GT in along side my 760, then plugged 4 displays in and got a rather odd outcome. It seems OSX does not even recognize the 760.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Nevermind, turns out it was my error. I am using HD Graphics 2500 and not 4000 and i seem to get stuck at a black screen with some weird white boxes on the top left corner. So i re-inserted my 660 and am able to manage without sleep as everything else works flawlessly.
Thanks anyway.

Hi I have had a few issues with the 660, but I like this card a great deal with Cuda. I have cured the problem you describe. There are a few things to try. Go into Bios and either disable internal graphics or try different settings there, the other change is to the deep sleep and the other setting next to it (i forget but its related) disable them both. This should give you a reliable screen coming on when you wake it, but I have sadly been getting artefacts sometimes, its likely this is a separate issue. If you use an apple keyboard there is a setting that allows reliable wake, its in the CPU power settings, look around on here others are more specific! Sorry working, so I can't check all things right now! Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back