i9-9900K
Graphics
RTX 2080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I´m currently running a dual boot Coffee Lake i5 8600K 16GB - Gigabyte Z370N Wifi. 2 SSDs (1 with High Sierra and 1 with Windows 10)
Everything is running with no problems and I have no issues.
Now I have the opportunity to upgrade my CPU to a i9 9900K and would like to know if is there any specific process to follow in order to complete that.

Does anyone have any hint?

thanks,

Gustavo

Hello @P1LGRIM, thanks for the update.
Yes, this is on the task list.

Is this the only thing to take in consideration?

thanks

Is this the only thing to take in consideration?
No, but it is arguably the most important.
You may find that you need to reconfigure your graphics.

Oh, I forgot to mention... I´m using a discrete GPU (GTX 1060 6GB). The integrated GPU is deactivated

Hello all,

I´m currently running a dual boot Coffee Lake i5 8600K 16GB - Gigabyte Z370N Wifi. 2 SSDs (1 with High Sierra and 1 with Windows 10)
Everything is running with no problems and I have no issues.
Now I have the opportunity to upgrade my CPU to a i9 9900K and would like to know if is there any specific process to follow in order to complete that.

Does anyone have any hint?

thanks,

Gustavo
Did you upgrade to i9 9900K? how did it go? I also need to upgrade and dont want to do fresh install since everything is working fine.

Hello @macrav,
The CPU upgrade was fine... My problem was that I also upgrade my GPU, from a GTX 1060 6GB to a RTX 2080 and as you probably know, there is no drivers for the RTX (at least until the last time I checked) and as of now, my Hack is not being used...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back