Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi folks,

I wonder if you can help me. My CPU temps are fine most of the time, however, 1 in 10 times that I boot into Lion 10.7.3 my idles are up at 70c. Usually they sit round 40-45c.

If I reboot they stay up there at 70c but if I boot into windows (where temps are normal), shutdown then back into Lion, they are ok?

Any help much appreciated.

What are you monitoring temps with? It sounds like a monitoring issue rather than a system issue since temps are normal in win7. Have you installed FakeSMC mother board plugins?

I have installed the latest fake SMC plugins but the problem was there before, and after.

It could be monitoring but my fan is also running very fast when it occurs?

djquash said:
I have installed the latest fake SMC plugins but the problem was there before, and after.

It could be monitoring but my fan is also running very fast when it occurs?

Open Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder.  Select All Processes from the Processes dropdown menu.  Click twice on the CPU% column header to display in descending order.  If you find a process using a large amount of CPU time, then select the process and click on the Quit icon in the toolbar.  Click on the Force Quit button to kill the process.  See if that helps.  Be sure to note the name of the runaway process so you can track down the cause of the problem.

Next time it happens I'll be sure to try that, but it happens on boot up and 9 times out of ten it starts up fine. Haven't got any apps installed that I'm able to re create the issue with. My max load temp with stress test is 61c so it boggles me why they sky rocket like that as soon as I've logged in?

Thanks for all your posts. Any more thoughts. maybe a BIOS setting? As I've said in many other posts. I've had to set generate P-states & C-states =No to avoid a ground loop wining noise in my PSU. Everything seems to act fine apart from this random/phantom CPU temp issue?

Thanks for all your posts so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back