Laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3521 /8GB RAM, SSD Crucial 250GB
CPU
Intel i3-3217U
Graphics
HD4000/ 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hello !

I have installed a dual boot Win10+Sierra 10.12 on a laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3521.
I have run ssdtgen and installed the patched SSDT.aml file in Clover/ACPI/patched folder as per the tuto and rebooted.
My problem is that my CPU is desperately stuck at 0.8ghz.
Does anyone got the same problem ?

Thank you so much !

Capture d’écran 2017-06-07 à 20.36.09.png

Attachments

• MacBook Air.ioreg
    4.4 MB · Views: 194
  • DSDT.aml
    37.1 KB · Views: 202
  • ssdt.aml
    1.5 KB · Views: 219
Hello !

I have installed a dual boot Win10+Sierra 10.12 on a laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3521.
I have run ssdtgen and installed the patched SSDT.aml file in Clover/ACPI/patched folder as per the tuto and rebooted.
My problem is that my CPU is desperately stuck at 0.8ghz.
Does anyone got the same problem ?

Thank you so much !

View attachment 259924

Read at link regarding loss of -xcpm:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

And if you need help, provide "Problem Reporting" files (your ioreg is corrupt).

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you Rehabman. I saw in your link about loss -xcpm that a user has found a workaround. I'm not sure how to proceed:

Comparing the ssdts from Clover, which works fine, and ssdtPRGen (-w 2 -x 0), which does not, I noticed three glaring differences:
  • First is that the workaround 2 flag, which is supposed to add an extra low frequency state, doesn't seem to do anything. ssdtPRGen has 800hmz as the bottom frequency; Clover seem to correctly apply the workaround, having one below what the processor can reach at 700mhz.
  • Second, ssdtPRGen has Name (APLF, Zero); Clover sets it to One.
  • Third, ssdtPRGen has Name (APSN, 0x0B); Clover sets it to 0x06. Not necessary; see posts below.

I ported those three changes from Clover to the ssdtPRGen generated ssdt and the computer boots with full power management, and speedstep. One minor difference is that Clover uses slightly lower voltage values for each p-state, but I didn't port those changes.

I send you attached my 'problem reporting"files.

Thank you so much

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
  • MacBook Air.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
  • RehabMan.zip
    37.1 KB · Views: 85
  • output.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 68
Thank you Rehabman. I saw in your link about loss -xcpm that a user has found a workaround. I'm not sure how to proceed:

Comparing the ssdts from Clover, which works fine, and ssdtPRGen (-w 2 -x 0), which does not, I noticed three glaring differences:
  • First is that the workaround 2 flag, which is supposed to add an extra low frequency state, doesn't seem to do anything. ssdtPRGen has 800hmz as the bottom frequency; Clover seem to correctly apply the workaround, having one below what the processor can reach at 700mhz.
  • Second, ssdtPRGen has Name (APLF, Zero); Clover sets it to One.
  • Third, ssdtPRGen has Name (APSN, 0x0B); Clover sets it to 0x06. Not necessary; see posts below.

I ported those three changes from Clover to the ssdtPRGen generated ssdt and the computer boots with full power management, and speedstep. One minor difference is that Clover uses slightly lower voltage values for each p-state, but I didn't port those changes.

I send you attached my 'problem reporting"files.

Thank you so much

Your ioreg is still corrupt.

I resend it to you (I used "save as" and verified that the app is opening it.

Attachments

• MacBook Air.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
I resend it to you (I used "save as" and verified that the app is opening it.

You're clearly using the wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.
"Problem Reporting" is very clear on the version of IORegistryExplorer to be used.

Oups ! I'm sorry. I misread the instructions. Here is my file. Thank you.

Attachments

• MacBook Air.zip
    410.6 KB · Views: 82
Hello RheabMan

Sorry for the delay. I have taken time to read again all the relative documentation. I have succeeded to start XCPM (the command "sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode" returns '1'). And I added the -xcpm flag in Clover boot options.
Yesterday, after playing with other clover options, I have succeeded to get CPU Power management working with the frequency swinging into Intel Power Gadget. But this morning, after a Windows 10 session, the problem went back and stuck again at 0.8GHZ... despite and untouched configuration... just after tested the "sleep" option...

I have noticed in my SSDT the following warnings:

External (_PR_.CPU0, DeviceObj) // Warning: Unknown object
External (_PR_.CPU1, DeviceObj) // Warning: Unknown object
External (_PR_.CPU2, DeviceObj) // Warning: Unknown object
External (_PR_.CPU3, DeviceObj) // Warning: Unknown object

Is it normal ?
I resend you as attached my files. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

PS: I have set up a dual boot UEFI Windows 10/Sierra 10.12. Does this possibly affects ?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
  • MacBook Air de Manuel.zip
    419.3 KB · Views: 80
  • RehabMan.zip
    34.6 KB · Views: 70
  • output 2.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Outputs.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Hello RheabMan

Sorry for the delay. I have taken time to read again all the relative documentation. I have succeeded to start XCPM (the command "sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode" returns '1'). And I added the -xcpm flag in Clover boot options.
Yesterday, after playing with other clover options, I have succeeded to get CPU Power management working with the frequency swinging into Intel Power Gadget. But this morning, after a Windows 10 session, the problem went back and stuck again at 0.8GHZ... despite and untouched configuration... just after tested the "sleep" option...

I have noticed in my SSDT the following warnings:

External (_PR_.CPU0, DeviceObj) // Warning: Unknown object
External (_PR_.CPU1, DeviceObj) // Warning: Unknown object
External (_PR_.CPU2, DeviceObj) // Warning: Unknown object
External (_PR_.CPU3, DeviceObj) // Warning: Unknown object

Is it normal ?
I resend you as attached my files. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

PS: I have set up a dual boot UEFI Windows 10/Sierra 10.12. Does this possibly affects ?

Last I knew, -xcpm for Ivy was removed in Sierra.
But maybe something has changed.

If -xcpm is actually working again, you should try with just SSDT-PluginType1.aml (see PM guide).
Your ACPI configuration is wrong though... you're dropping the OEM CPU SSDTs.
Set DropOem=false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back