Graphics
nvidia geforce 9400gt 1gig
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
can any body suggest me a good 64bit processor under $100 which will work with Mountain lion. I dont care if it is used or new all I want is that it should work well with my intel dg31pr mobo and my nvidia geforce 9400gt gpu. I searched the forum and read few post about the cheapest build etc... but these posts are really old and are not meant for Mountain lion build so that's why I'm posting a new thread.

... but these posts are really old and are not meant for Mountain lion build so that's why I'm posting a new thread.
Sorry but, the post are old because your hardware is old and not supported with ML...

let me tell you that I'm running lion 10.7.3 without a hitch on my system i.e dg31pr mobo, core2duo e7400 @2.8ghz and with 1gb nvidia geforce 9400gt gpu, all I want to know will this configuration is good enough to run mountain lion or not. I know that Mountain lion only supports 64bit processor and I'm not sure if my processor is 32bit or 64bit you can see that in the attachment. So if my processor is not 64bit which processor should I but in order to install Mountain lion under $100.

Attachments

• cpu.jpg
    cpu.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 109
Why do you need a new CPU? A new core2duo wont make much difference. Save up and buy an ivy CPU and motherboard.

According to Intel's site, your CPU is 64-bit. So you don't need a new one.

I came to know that yesterday only that what I have is compatible to rum mountain lion. It was my mistake but what can I do my system info, device manager and even "CPUZ" was showing that the processor is 32bit, moreover instead of showing two cores it was only showing 1 core other was missing. Just did a Google search and found the answer to my problem. It was just a driver update that was needed to be done and now it's all right. Hopefully every thing will work out nicely as I'm expecting will post after I get 10.8 running till then cheers

Hey pal,
You have the same gfx card I do I think. I have an xfx geforce 9400 gt. I am trying to run it using lion and then hopefully update to mountain lion. Any suggestions on how you were able to get your card working? I have tried graphics enabler and have had no luck with nvenabler 64.kext unless I am doing something incorrectly. I am about to try editing the dsdt but I am not sure if I will do it correctly.

Thanks for your time,
Zepp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back