Status
Not open for further replies.
it dont work after sleep

how to fix ?

Create a file in /Library/LaunchDaemons that does it:

org.whatever.disableturboboost.plist:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Label</key>
    <string>org.whatever.disableturboboost</string>
    <key>RunAtLoad</key>
    <true/>
    <key>KeepAlive</key>
    <false/>
    <key>ProgramArguments</key>
    <array>
        <string>/sbin/kextload</string>
        <string>/System/Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoost.kext</string>
    </array>
</dict>

Make sure it has correct owner:
Code:
sudo chown 0:0 /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.whatever.disableturboboost.plist

Thanks for this Rehabman! I followed this guide and the only thing that I had to add to your plist was the closing tag

Code:
</plist>

Thanks for this Rehabman! I followed this guide and the only thing that I had to add to your plist was the closing tag

Code:
</plist>

Thanks. Missed it in copy paste. Fixed OP.

it dont work after sleep

how to fix ?

Install SleepWatcher. If you use Homebrew, it has a Formula that will do most of the work for you, but if not then read its quite lengthy README and follow the steps. After installing, have SleepEnabler unload the kext before sleeping and have it load the kext when waking up.

it dont work after sleep

how to fix ?

There isn't any code in that kext to deal with turning turbo back off after sleep. It would need additional code for that. Probably a better option would be to use a modified DisableTurboBoostBattery. Either way requires coding skills.

I'll look at it someday when I have time. Right now my wife, wants a fence built :)

- - - Updated - - -

Install SleepEnabler. If you use Homebrew, it has a Formula that will do most of the work for you, but if not then read its quite lengthy README and follow the steps. After installing, have SleepEnabler unload the kext before sleeping and have it load the kext when waking up.

SleepEnabler won't help... and is generally a bad idea.

SleepEnabler won't help... and is generally a bad idea.

No doubt I'm being dense and missing something, but how so? I know the scripts you can place in ~ won't work as they'll be run by the user the SleepEnabler process is started under and sudo will block waiting for the password unless you edit sudoers, but it has the system-wide scripts option, which will run commands as root.

DisableTurboBoostBattery uses pretty much the same principle: enable Turbo Boost again when the laptop is going to sleep (I know my laptop automatically turns it on again when sleeping) but make sure the AC adapter detection mechanism will set the correct state when waking up. In this case, however, OP wants it off all the time...

No doubt I'm being dense and missing something, but how so? I know the scripts you can place in ~ won't work as they'll be run by the user the SleepEnabler process is started under and sudo will block waiting for the password unless you edit sudoers, but it has the system-wide scripts option, which will run commands as root.

My understanding is his laptop is sleeping just fine. So no need for a "sleep enabler"...

And I see a lot of issues caused by sleepenabler, so I'd avoid it...

DisableTurboBoostBattery uses pretty much the same principle: enable Turbo Boost again when the laptop is going to sleep (I know my laptop automatically turns it on again when sleeping) but make sure the AC adapter detection mechanism will set the correct state when waking up. In this case, however, OP wants it off all the time...

Yes, DisableTurboBoostBattery uses PM notifications to detect sleep/wake/AC status...

DisableTurboBoost is a much simpler kext, I think intended to use by devs that just want to temporarily turn off turboboost to test performance of their app w/o turboboost.

My understanding is his laptop is sleeping just fine. So no need for a "sleep enabler"...

And I see a lot of issues caused by sleepenabler, so I'd avoid it...

Oh, I'm an idiot: I meant to write SleepWatcher instead of SleepEnabler in my original post

Hello RehabMan.
Can I change ssdt 2350m frequency 2300mhz. I want to make the most 1800 or 1600mhz. Doing in there ssdtPRGen.sh fails to set the frequency. How to do this? Thank.

Hello RehabMan.
Can I change ssdt 2350m frequency 2300mhz. I want to make the most 1800 or 1600mhz. Doing in there ssdtPRGen.sh fails to set the frequency. How to do this? Thank.

I think there are issues doing that. You can certainly try, but I have a feeling that other changes (smbios data/reported CPU speed... perhaps) would be required to make it work, if it can at all. I don't have my laptop for a while (I have summer visitors and the laptop is being used in Windows, so no OS X available right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back