CPU Overheating problem.Please help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac OS X 10.9.4
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
Graphics
ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2048MB ( Non Ti )
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
CPU Overheating problem.Please help !! [ Solved ]

After a fresh installation of Mavericks, I installed FakeSMC Plugins sensor and HWmonitor.app from Multibeast (Latest one ) so that I can monitor the cpu temp. But what I see was the temp was getting higher and my CPU fan was turning slowly. normally if I just browsing the web, the temp is around 55-58C . If I launch game, Minecraft, it goes higher 79-86 ( or even higher ). My previous hackintosh wasn't that hot ( same CPU but motherboard ).

If I remove FakeSMC Plugins, run kext utility, reboot, I can't see CPU temp but only HDD temp. But this time, my CPU fan was turning real fast and louder than before...

Please help

Intel Q9400 2.66GHz
Asus P5G41T-M LX
GTX660 2GB

---------------------------------------------------Solution---------------------------------------------

If you have the problem same as mine, even though you have applied the thermal paste, then you should change a new CPU cooler ( Don't use the stock one. ) If possible, take out the side cover of your case to let fresh air go through. ( Sorry, bad English :D )

Now my Hackintosh works like my previous one. Below 50 degrees when idling. About 50 - 60 when playing Minecraft ( The only game in my system :D )

Anyway, thanks everyone :D

After a fresh installation of Mavericks, I installed FakeSMC Plugins sensor and HWmonitor.app from Multibeast (Latest one ) so that I can monitor the cpu temp. But what I see was the temp was getting higher and my CPU fan was turning slowly. normally if I just browsing the web, the temp is around 55-58C . If I launch game, Minecraft, it goes higher 79-86 ( or even higher ). My previous hackintosh wasn't that hot ( same CPU but motherboard ).

If I remove FakeSMC Plugins, run kext utility, reboot, I can't see CPU temp but only HDD temp. But this time, my CPU fan was turning real fast and louder than before...

Please help

Intel Q9400 2.66GHz
Asus P5G41T-M LX
GTX660 2GB

Remove CPU cooler, clean surface of cooler and CPU. Put down new Arctic Silver and re-seat CPU cooler, making sure you have good contact.

Remove CPU cooler, clean surface of cooler and CPU. Put down new Arctic Silver and re-seat CPU cooler, making sure you have good contact.

I did what you said. The problem didn't solve :(

Please help

Intel Q9400 2.66GHz
Asus P5G41T-M LX
GTX660 2GB

Install Windows to verify whether issue is software or hardware.

Solved. Please read #1 again, I added a solution. Thanks everyone ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back