Sapphire R9 270x
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The Problem:

As the title says, my G3258 is stuck at the lowest multiplier (x8 = 800MHz) regardless of load :beachball:. This is confirmed by HWMonitor and the fact that the CPU temperature barely goes up by a single degree while benchmarking.

What I want:

Ideally I would like to have the overclock that I have on Windows (4.5GHz), but the first step is to try making it work even at intended turbo speeds (3.2GHz). I am happy to have a fixed multiplier with no Speed Step or low power states if that is what it takes.

My System:

1. El Capitan installed via clover
  2. MSI H81M-P33
  3. Sapphire Radeon R9 270x (no problems with graphics at the moment).

What I have tried:

1. Resetting my overclock to stock speeds in BIOS.
  2. EIST On/Off
  3. Disable all C-States in BIOS and in Clover.
  4. NullCPUPowerManagement.kext --> not 100% sure if I installed it correctly.
  5. Removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and made an SSDT.aml for G3258 using a guide.
  6. Used ssdtPRGen to override the multiplier/turbo frequencies of the SSDT.aml
  7. Changed frequency under "CPU" in clover.
  8. Changed min multiplier/ max multiplier under ACPI in clover.
  9. Changed system identity to a Mac Pro 6,1 under SMBIOS in clover. (previously needed to be iMac 13,2 in order to boot and install)

Comments:

1. My system is a previously built Windows computer not specifically chosen for hackintoshing. I am aware some of the hardware is not ideal but I was able to get OS X to install with some tinkering.
  2. There appears to be some sort of power management happening, as the computer shuts off the display and even looks like it attempts to sleep if left alone for a while.
  3. Although I tried once before for about a day, I have only been hackintoshing for 3 days so this is all extremely new to me. I may be missing something basic; don't hesitate to assume I have done something stupid.
  4. I will be eternally grateful if someone can shed some light on my problem.

Which FAKECPUID are you using?

0x0106E0 is the only one that got me past boot during the install.

I notice you have a G3258 as well, which CPUID has worked for you?

i have an g3250 (g3258 was the closest one in the list) 0x0306A0 works perfect for me ,any other fakecpuid keeps the cpu on full power all the time.

I used 0x0306A0 during installation as well. It got me further than 0x0306C0, but not all the way to the installer so I abandoned it. I will try it and report back.

0x306A0 gives me a kernel panic with com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in the backtrace.

This was the major problem when I originally tried to boot the installer, and 0x0106E0 was the only one that got me past the kernel panic.

make sure you correctly placed the ssdt in efi/clover/acpi/patched

I did put it there. Oddly, no power management settings seem to change anything for better or for worse: various SSDTs, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, -xpcm boot flag. None of it has any effect as far as I can tell. Very strange.

Again, I feel as though I'm fundamentally missing something here..

If anyone else with a G3258 and a H81M-P33 reads this, I would love to hear your boot flags/FakeCPUID/SSDT settings.

i have this exact motherboard,don't know why it is not working for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back