Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
yesterday my Probook with 10.8.2 stopped responding/Black screen (turned off in the morning) and CPU Fan was NOT running so I rebooted but
the CPU Fan runs all the time, before I set the threshold to 50*C then the Fan stopped it but not now. It was working fine for few months and I had not one crash.

The only thing that is different on my system is, I installed the New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad from RehabMan two weeks ago but no problem afterwords
and when the system stopped responding the Keyboard/Trackpad was not used.

So the question is what is it and which kext to reinstall? Thx in advance.

yesterday my Probook with 10.8.2 stopped responding/Black screen (turned off in the morning) and CPU Fan was NOT running so I rebooted but
the CPU Fan runs all the time, before I set the threshold to 50*C then the Fan stopped it but not now. It was working fine for few months and I had not one crash.

The only thing that is different on my system is, I installed the New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad from RehabMan two weeks ago but no problem afterwords
and when the system stopped responding the Keyboard/Trackpad was not used.

So the question is what is it and which kext to reinstall? Thx in advance.

It is not clear from your description what is going on, but maybe try an EC reset: Shutdown, battery out, power adapter disconnect, hold power button down 60sec, then put everything back.

If it is something else, you can refresh your set of kexts with the latest Probook installer.

If it is something else, you can refresh your set of kexts with the latest Probook installer.

that's what I plan to do when I get home.

Edit: Shutdown, battery out, power adapter disconnect, hold power button down 60sec solved the problem. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back