Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
So, I was about to chant victory with my build. Everything was working well, including video, which was being kinda elusive to me. Then I decide to run NovaBench in Windows and in OS X to see if there's a difference in performance, and what do I see? RAM Speed of 2000 MB/s in OS X while in Windows is around 9600 MB/s. A CPU score of 261 while in windows is 711. Then I run Geekbench to double check. And nope, my eyes are not lying to me. 4248 in OS X while in Windows I get 8848.

So... something is slowing me down :( Any ideas of what could it be?

These are my specs:

Intel Core i7 870 (overclocked to 3.52 GHz, originally 2.93)
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Rev. 2 Bios 11
Corsair Dominator 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz
Gigabyte ATI HD 5770

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me.

Found part of the solution in the Overclocking forum! I needed to enable some of the advanced settings in the bios instead of leaving them in auto.

RAM Speed is still a little lower, but not that much. 9600 vs 5400. I think I'll have to play with the smbios.plist now (I'm using MacPro 3,1).

Restore the values of your processor and you'll see similar results in your benchmarks. I think the problem was some processor features but I'm not certain which, look around the forum for overclocked systems and you'll find the answer.

Ops, I was too late, glad you solved it. Have fun now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back