Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

Ive got my El Capitan system working, but its reporting the processor and memory speeds incorrectly in system report. It should be showing 4.7Ghz instead of 3.4 and 2600Mhz instead of 1600Mhz. It displayed the RAM correctly in Mavericks but not the CPU speed. What can i do as I've tried what i can find on the forums.

Its a i5 3570K in a gigabyte z77x-ud5h with Avexir core 2666 RAM.

I know very little about overclocking, so take this with a grain of salt, but since no one else has spoken up...

For the memory, I'm told there's an option in config.plist: XMPDetection

For the CPU, you can generate an SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh and it seems like it takes some parameters you can use to specify overclocking values... The copy it from ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/SSDT.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Just realised my post didn't send (or i never pressed send), so thanks again for posting.

I downloaded some hardware monitors and they are actually working correctly, just not displaying them correctly. Im frightened to touch this installation as its been the hardest to get working to date and I'm really not liking clover compared with chimera!

I might give it a go to fix in the future but considering my build was pretty much 'press install' to being a royal pain in the a**, I'm a bit wary about tinkering at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back