Asus Z490-E-OC0.8.4
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So, after a bit lot of struggling, I managed to get my X99 Catalina installation stable and running well. I'd like to convert my mojave installation from clover to opencore, and my understanding is that i only need to replace the EFI clover folder with an (appropriately configured) opencore EFI folder. Since my catalina installation has the relevant SSDTs for my system, can i just reuse the catalina efi opencore folder and make the relevant changes for Mojave? Would i need to change anything at all? Thanks for the help in advance

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Swapping from Clover to OpenCore is a little more involved than you stated.

There is however a guide available on the Dortania OpenCore guide site, near the bottom of the left hand navigation frame, which will walk you through most of the issues you will need to deal with during the conversion. I think the conversion guide is still a work in progress but probably covers 90% of the Clover sections.

I used it last year when I switched to OpenCore, even incomplete it is a good read and provides lots of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back