Contribute
Register

Cover New Version Clover_v2k_r2671 - Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks
CPU
Intel Core i7-3517U
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I'd like to ask, there's new version of Clover out there (r2671), I tried already with USB Flash drive and it works for me.

But I'm not sure how to update (or reinstall) new version on my main system boot SSD???

And I want to keep my configuration same as it is, so of course I have backed up already my EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml I'm not using any kext injection from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... Is this all I need to back up???

Do I have to format my 200MB EFI partition first, with newfs command, like this?

sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

I'm not quite sure about the filesystem which apple normally use for EFI partition, is it msdos??? Right now I have it like this, but there's not seen what filesystem it is, it just says EFI.

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *256.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 128.0 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3

Thanks a lot for explanation, have good day everybody, bye...

Manolis

Hi guys,

I'd like to ask, there's new version of Clover out there (r2671), I tried already with USB Flash drive and it works for me.

But I'm not sure how to update (or reinstall) new version on my main system boot SSD???

And I want to keep my configuration same as it is, so of course I have backed up already my EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml I'm not using any kext injection from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... Is this all I need to back up???

Do I have to format my 200MB EFI partition first, with newfs command, like this?

sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

I'm not quite sure about the filesystem which apple normally use for EFI partition, is it msdos??? Right now I have it like this, but there's not seen what filesystem it is, it just says EFI.

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *256.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 128.0 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3

Thanks a lot for explanation, have good day everybody, bye...

Manolis

No need to format. EFI partition is already in FAT (or FAT32).

You can simply run the Clover installer to update Clover...

No need to format. EFI partition is already in FAT (or FAT32).

You can simply run the Clover installer to update Clover...

I am actually also confused for this part. When use the installer to install, the default is to install to the partition where MacOS is installed. At this time, EFI partition is not mounted. Does Clover will automatically mount the EFI partition?

I am actually also confused for this part. When use the installer to install, the default is to install to the partition where MacOS is installed. At this time, EFI partition is not mounted. Does Clover will automatically mount the EFI partition?

Yes.

Did U try this version 2671 already? No problems, Is it ok for U?

Currently using 2665. Don't worry about updating to every new version of Clover. It is updated often... Updating to each one is tiresome and unnecessary.

Currently using 2665. Don't worry about updating to every new version of Clover. It is updated often... Updating to each one is tiresome and unnecessary.

Unless you are like me having a INSYDE BIOS UEFI implementation. In that case, the CLOVERX64.efi was updated after r2668 to fix a TSC frequency issue.

Unless you are like me having a INSYDE BIOS UEFI implementation. In that case, the CLOVERX64.efi was updated after r2668 to fix a TSC frequency issue.

Yes, update when there is a reason to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back