CPU
i7-3770s
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone! Thank you in advance for the assistance !! Long time hackintosh user.. I have been out of the game a bit, last system being an HP ProBook 4530s.. things have changed it seems.

From what I can tell, everything has been pushed towards the "vanilla" install which is great! So on with the questions...

Clover--is there a list somewhere or the folder structure on the EFI drive, explaining what each folders purpose? I am curious about the uefi64drivers folder. What are the kexts in there? I understand the kexts folder structure, each one being for the specific version loaded..

If we are leaning towards vanilla installs, why does multibeast install kexts to the extensions folder instead of the EFI partition? I just recently did a update to Sierra from El Capitan and had to reinstall all the kexts . Maybe I am not understanding , but can't you just run all your kexts you want in your EFI folder and inject them via clover?

Sorry if these questions are simple or right in front of my face, but I just can't seem to find the answers.. thank you!

Sorry if these questions are simple or right in front of my face, but I just can't seem to find the answers.. thank you!

Try the Clover Wiki.

If we are leaning towards vanilla installs, why does multibeast install kexts to the extensions folder instead of the EFI partition? I just recently did a update to Sierra from El Capitan and had to reinstall all the kexts . Maybe I am not understanding , but can't you just run all your kexts you want in your EFI folder and inject them via clover?

It is good practice to install third party kexts to /Library/Extensions.
It is still acceptable to install them to /System/Library/Extensions but it is easier to manage the smaller /Library/Extensions.
The only kexts that should be installed on the EFI partition are those that are essential to the boot process or the Recovery partition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back