Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I am not able to install neither Mojave 16.14.5 or Sierra 16.13.6. It got stuck in apfs_module start after loading EFI Clover. I tried several configurations/EFI but I do not get it.

Core I7-8700K
Memory Crucial DDR4
SSD Samsung M.2 970 EVO MZ-V7E1T0BW
TPLINK AC 1300
POWER SUPPLY ATX 750 BE QUIET STRAIGHT
The embedded graphic card in ASUS z390-P

Do you have same hardware configuration? could you share your EFI Folder?

BIOS settings:
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • Disable VT-d
  • Disable Secure Boot Mode
  • Set OS Type Other
  • Turn off internal Serial port
  • Turn off Network stack for boot
  • Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
  • Enable HD Audio
  • Don't enable decode over 4G
  • Set Primary Display to iGPU
  • Set DMVT pre-alloc to 64MB or 128 MB
  • Set USB legacy to enabled
  • Activate XMP profile 1
  • Set ERP to enable

I do not know what to do more.... :(

Attachments

• IMG_8447.JPG
    IMG_8447.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 205
  • config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Im thinking the problem is because I upgraded the bios firmware and I cannot rollback.

The "AppleNVME Assert failed" error could be due to RTC "I changed the option from "ACPI Time and Alarm Device" to "Legacy RTC"." as explain here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/a-solution-of-asus-new-bios-ver-2012-not-downgrading.273151/

This option is not present in my asus prime z390-p.

I see there is an option in clover in ACPI to "FixRTC", but is not working.

I include my config.plist and boot log.

Any clue?

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8450.JPG
    IMG_8450.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 118
hi rikkii, do you mind share your Clover config or zip. I seem meeting same problems with my ASUS Z390M-PLUS MB. And try many method. And not luck.
And finally you install is High Sierra or Mojave?

I also try the patch as you suggested. but it seem fix the first problem as you. and finally loading the screen become panic...

hi rikkii, do you mind share your Clover config or zip. I seem meeting same problems with my ASUS Z390M-PLUS MB. And try many method. And not luck.
And finally you install is High Sierra or Mojave?

I also try the patch as you suggested. but it seem fix the first problem as you. and finally loading the screen become panic...

Hello,

I am out off my studio for all week so I do not have access to my Hackintosh. I can send it to you next Friday if still need it.

Yes. Thanks.

I'd like to receive your Clover config also. I can't get it to work. System hangs on install from usb with 2 minutes remaining.

Hi rikkii.976,

I'm joining the petition here, and I'd like the config please, so I can boot unibeast and fresh install High Sierra on my new PC :)

Thanks in advance

I'd like to receive your Clover config also. I can't get it to work. System hangs on install from usb with 2 minutes remaining.
Hi rikkii.976,

I'm joining the petition here, and I'd like the config please, so I can boot unibeast and fresh install High Sierra on my new PC :)

Thanks in advance
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

Guys, I got it working. I manually added the patch to the config file using linux. You can find the file attached. :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 169
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back