Contribute
Register

Could not Get EL Cap Install USB to Boot on GA-Z77X-UP5 - partially solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mntbighker - How dod you get audio working? I've been struggling with the realtekALC stuff from toleda and nothing is working.

After my second install I just ran the audio patch script (basically followed the guide) I had audio ports appear. No other special steps. I am still getting some pretty bad pops mixed in with regular audio. They seem to be only related to system sounds.

Same system here. Tried everything on earth to install ElCapitan with zero luck.

Installed on my GA-Z87N-WIFI the first try.

BUT...... I was able to install Clover and Yosemite on the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH and then upgrade to 10.11 through Apple.

Hope that helps someone.

After my second install I just ran the audio patch script (basically followed the guide) I had audio ports appear. No other special steps. I am still getting some pretty bad pops mixed in with regular audio. They seem to be only related to system sounds.

Search for antipop app. Its old and no longer maintained but still works in El Capitan, other option is to disable systems sounds, although this did not work for me, as I was still getting popping when audio amps kicked back on after sleep. antipop fixed all

My GA-Z77X-UP5TH install of El Capitan 10.11.4 with Clover (Multibeast method) seems stable:

My system drive is 120 GB SSD. Also have two other internal Western Digital hard drives. One has my user files and a partition for a carbon copy of my system drive. The other is a Time Machine drive.

BIOS has default settings plus:
M.I.T./Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile1
M.I.T./Adv. Freq./Adv CPU/ Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage: Disabled (USB mouse/keyboard problem fix)
Bios Features/Vt-d - Disabled (doesn’t exist on my BIOS version)Power Management/ Wake on LAN - Disabled

Multibeast settings:
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707 Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode Drivers > Graphics > Inject NVIDIA

Graphics:
Dual VGA CRT monitors
EVGA GeForce GTX580
GPU Driver Version: 10.10.5.2 310.42.25f01
CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.51 (7.5.26 doesn't work for me)

To stop Photoshop CC from crashing:
Un-tick OpenCL render. In PS, go to Preferences/Performance. Click "Advanced" on the right. Un-select OpenCL.

To solve Long Sleep crash, paste this into Terminal to disable standby:
sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0?

To bump up an old post, I feel I should add in what causes my El Capitan hackintosh to do this. If I reboot the system with any of my external usb drives plugged in, I get the error. Once I realize I have the external drive(s) plugged in, I can reboot and it comes back perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back