Contribute
Register

Could GURU help to make Sleep work on my HP notebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Notebook is HP Pavilion dv5-1179er
Snow Leopard 10.6.4 with Darwin kernel

Bump... Would like to know this also. So far all Ive got working is disabling safe sleep so my laptop doesent go into a coma.

Theres gotta be some way.

Understood, that in order to have sleep workable, following have to be done:

- Native kernel (is Darwin 10.6.4 native?)
- DSDT with corrected HPET
- Native Apple power management

Dear Gu-Ru, is it definetely so? Howto make DSDT? Please assist

Did you guys try to use SleepEnabler.kext ?

Yes, I tried, but without the success. I used NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler for 10.6.4. Notebook could not sleep correctly - only monitor was
swithched off and nothing more. Then I tried AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext instead and got panic of kernell.

I put both kexts in Extention folder. Is it correct? Or need to be put in Extra?

So meantime see the only one way as to make proper DSDT for the notebook.

It's definetely great pity that do not know how to setup sleep and nobody from the Experts
want to help.

Dear Experts, please at least inform me that that such is impossible, and will not waste any time for blank shots

Thanks

You don't always need to have a DSDT to get sleep working, but you may need to have one, if there are "fixes" needed to enable sleep.

When you have SleepEnabler and NullCPUPM, (in /E/E/...and rebuild the .mkext cache in /Extra), check what you see in the kernel log (via Console app) when you try to put machine to sleep. It may log something that's preventing sleep (or causing immediate wake-up), such as the internal USB connected webcam.

But ideally, you'll want to have native power management, and that'll most likely need DSDT edits anyway to get it working (HPET, LPC, etc sections) since you got a KP when not using NullCPUPM.

Thank you for the reply. Will you tell me exactly which sections of DSDT have I to edit?
I checked HPET - it looks the same like in MAC PC. Then I removed NullCPUPowerManagement kext and switched to native power management. Reboot system - everything work OK. Then put PC to sleep and got KP. What is wrong? Cannot understand

For DSDT, first check out MacMan's blog and DSDT info. Much is going to be same or at least similar enough to yours to be fairly obvious (HPET, IRQs etc). For any special stuff, then you'll either need to find someone who's already edited same DSDT/PC as yours, or do a fair bit of posting and reading. Although if things work OK now (other than sleep), then whilst there may be edits you could make, they are most likely not essential.

For the KP:
- Check your kernel/sytem log. Hopefully something will have been logged that will help point to the issues and/or:
- Boot in verbose mode (-v), that way you may get to see the details of the KP when it happens
- Post picture/text here of the KP to allow wider community to take a look and offer comments!

Yes, I will post picture when be ready with it. Meantime I compared DSDT from my notebok with modded DSDT from my working desktop Hackintosh (gigabyte ga-p55m-ud2, everything work) and found that two sections respomsible for the sleep ( _WAK , HPET) are similar. So please advise whether it is enough or something else should be done with DSDT?

As I mentioned earlier, when I put notebook into sleep mode, only monitor switched off.
Then after reboot notebook got panic of kernel. When I tried to delete SLEEPIMAGE, I found in /var/vm file SWAPFILE0 instead of SLEEPIMAGE. Maybe this is the reason of incorrect sleepmode? How to correct?

Experts, please tell something..

Finally problem has been solved. Sleep works.

Reason was in HPET section. Reservation of 2 interrupts is not enough for HP dv5-1100 series. It should be 4 interrupts reserved, then sleep works fine with native powermanagement and latest sleepenabler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back