Contribute
Register

Could GA-Z77-DS3H (ALC887) enable the 5.1ch function in Mountain Lion 10.8.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't remove HDAEnabler887.kext. Should I? I check the old post that you had suggested others to do so.
The enabler interferes with dsdt injection. Remove it and fix permission and cache.

The enabler interferes with dsdt injection. Remove it and fix permission and cache.

Finally!!! After 4 hours teaching by you, the 5.1ch has been enabled!!

I delete theHDAEnabler888b.kext, fix permission and type these commands in the Terminal

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

Reboot, then 5.1ch works! Right now the VLC player works like a charm :)

But MplayerX and movist are not working correctly.

Thanks a lot!

Hi iamleont.

Where u able to use the mic and the line in for the woofer and the back speakers ?!

If yes could maybe write a little tutorial on how to enable it, please?

Cheers and thanks

goldjungee

Where u able to use the mic and the line in for the woofer and the back speakers ?!
3 port audio is enabled with the Audio ID. What version is S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (Finder/File/Get Info)? Are you using a dsdt?

hi

thx that u want to help me :)

tomorrow i get the cable-stuff to set up my 5.1 finally :)

i will write here when i am ready for your help

thx man!

Try using the guide at InsanelyMac search for GA-Z77-DS3H. It is a Vanilla install and is working 100%.

3 port audio is enabled with the Audio ID. What version is S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (Finder/File/Get Info)? Are you using a dsdt?

Hi toleda. I dont use a dsdt.

The last thing i tried was:

Without DSDT Audio Drivers : ALC887/888b - v100302 Current + Optional 3 Port Audio

AppleHDA.kext is Version 2.3.1 from Oktober 7, 2012

i could not upload the ioreg file. so i just RENAMED it to .zip
Didn't read the post linked. Attachment useless. Verify the attachment before posting. Select the IOReg file/Finder/File/Compress...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back