Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H rev1.1
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I just got an AX760i power supply from Corsair, an upgrade from my original AX650 power supply because I kept getting faulty PSU's. The AX760i works great and fixed previous power on issues, but now the PSU fan kicks in full speed randomly while the computer is idle. Before I complain to Corsair again, is it possible to run Corsair Link booted in Windows and change the settings permanently for fan control speed of the AX760i. Does Corsair Link always need to be running to control fan characteristics of the AXi power supplies? I'm grateful that Corsair upgraded me to a nicer power supply, but the fan running at full speed on the AXi760 is like a jet engine!

I just got an AX760i power supply from Corsair, an upgrade from my original AX650 power supply because I kept getting faulty PSU's. The AX760i works great and fixed previous power on issues, but now the PSU fan kicks in full speed randomly while the computer is idle. Before I complain to Corsair again, is it possible to run Corsair Link booted in Windows and change the settings permanently for fan control speed of the AX760i. Does Corsair Link always need to be running to control fan characteristics of the AXi power supplies? I'm grateful that Corsair upgraded me to a nicer power supply, but the fan running at full speed on the AXi760 is like a jet engine!

Yes, I have the AX860i and that's what I did for the corsair water coolers (including changing the RGB lighting color) I have in addition to the PSU fan.

I think there is a silent mode you can set it on and then the instrument remembers the last setting used.

Hope that helps!

The AX750i i got ended up shutting off computer randomly after computer was running for a bit, kept on happening. I sent my Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H back, they claim nothing is wrong with it. The AX750i is the 3rd power supply I've been sent. This is really frustrating!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back