Contribute
Register

Corsair HX and TX pwr supply series. What's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys. I've made a little search at forum about my question and didn't find any suitable answer, or topic was too old to comment it.
So, now, when I'm choosing parts to my rig and looking for PSUs, got a question.
What is the difference between HX (pro) and TX (enthusiast) series of this PSUs?
Prices are different by ~$30 for PSUs with one wattage.
The main thing is that I have only TX series at local store, and if I need HX, I should buy it at online store. In CustoMac builds HX PSU is listed so do (and why) I really need it? :beachball:

The rig should be with 2600k and GTX570-580
Cheers!

Holy Triangle said:
Hello guys. I've made a little search at forum about my question and didn't find any suitable answer, or topic was too old to comment it.
So, now, when I'm choosing parts to my rig and looking for PSUs, got a question.
What is the difference between HX (pro) and TX (enthusiast) series of this PSUs?
Prices are different by ~$30 for PSUs with one wattage.
The main thing is that I have only TX series at local store, and if I need HX, I should buy it at online store. In CustoMac builds HX PSU is listed so do (and why) I really need it? :beachball:

The rig should be with 2600k and GTX570-580
Cheers!

Some of the HX series are 80 plus silver, and all of the TX series are 80 plus bronze. The HX probably has higher quality internal components. The TX will work fine for you...

The hx has modular cabling for power to the drives and extra video card power cables, the only cables that are hard wired in are the 24 pin atx, the 8 pin cpu and 2x video 8 pins from memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back