Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

On my Hackintosh (GA-Z77Z-UD5H w/ i7 3770k),

I use the Corsair H50 water-cooling in push and pull >RAD>

View attachment 75118

But the stock fan were really loud, so I decided to replace all my fan by 6x Noctua NF-S12B-FLX

I used the Ultra low noise adapter. I can barely hear my computer running, pretty amazing.

But the thing is, I can hear a terrible "buzzing" sound from the pump of my H50, this is really bad.

When I use the low noise adapter it's better, but I can still hear this buzzing sound.
I read on the Corsair website the fans MUST BE at 1400rpm+, but if I don't use any adapter the Noctua as noisy as the original one so it's pretty useless...
I should've keep my old fans cause the Noctua as really expensive

Do you have a solution for this problem or an alternative ? Can it damage the pump if I use it at 900rpm ?

Thank you.

I use the H60 on both of my systems and have installed about twenty on systems that i have sold (All Systems sold are Windows PC) I always use two Silinex 120mm Red fans on the H60 without any issue, very quite and very cold. Not sure how accurate HWMonitor is these days but on a new build with the 4770k I am seeing core temps between 28-35c under normal conditions and never higher then 50c when using After Effects or Final Cut. Also it is quite enough that the wife does not demand it be shut down before bed.

Hi,

thank you for the answer, but the water-cooling is quiet, the sound is from the fans, because they are at 1400rpm. Problem is, when I use the ULNA (ultra low noise adapter) my fans are at 600rpm and my pump make a "buzzing" sound, but I can barely hear my computer running except this sound really horrible.

my 3770k is also really cold (25-35)

What RPM are you using on your fan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back