Register

Corsair CommanderPro UPS Help/Fix

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Seeking some Hackintosh expert eyes/input on this one...

I run a Corsair CommanderPro Fan Controller Bridge– which macOS registers the vendor/product IDs and believes there is a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) plugged in and running off the battery when it detects the Corsair Commander Pro.

For a long time I used Acleee's fix on Github here, but it stopped working I believe in Monterey (still not working in Ventura).
This was a worthy solution while it lasted– the readme explains how it simply leverages Restricted Events to block the `ioupsd` service locked at `/usr/libexec/ioupsd`.

I opened the project in Xcode to do some probing and am in over-my-head. I did notice some designations that referenced an older version of OSX.

At any rate. Aclee's CommanderProFix.kext is out-of-date and I'm pleading to some generous code-wizardly-hackintosh-expert willing to take a look and see if there is anything obvious to tweak and hopefully recompile a fix for Ventura 13.1.

Who wants to be my hero!?
:)

Perhaps this was a long shot! So this will be my last attempt to bump this thread... , but any .kext wrangling experts or code wizards feeling generous/sympethetic?! :)

Wow... to my amazement... after I was nearly ready to give up on this my hero "DreamWhite" on GitHub has come to the rescue and done exactly what I was looking to do here (literally pushed this code like 6hrs ago / I can't believe I stumbled across this): https://github.com/dreamwhite/CommanderProFix

For any future on-lookers struggling with the Corsair Commander Pro triggering the stupid UPS error on Hackintosh... this will solve your problems on OSX 13 Venture.
Thank you DreamWhite... whoever you are!

any have this kext for macOS Sonoma?????

any have this kext for macOS Sonoma?????

I was able to get this kext working again in Sonoma. See attached for the compiled kext.

I modified dreamwhite's project, changing line 124 of CommanderProFix.cpp to:

KernelVersion::Sonoma

Support Sonoma.png

I built it with the latest Lilu libs (v1.6.7)

Attachments

• CommanderProFix v1.2.0.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 27
Wow... to my amazement... after I was nearly ready to give up on this my hero "DreamWhite" on GitHub has come to the rescue and done exactly what I was looking to do here (literally pushed this code like 6hrs ago / I can't believe I stumbled across this): https://github.com/dreamwhite/CommanderProFix

For any future on-lookers struggling with the Corsair Commander Pro triggering the stupid UPS error on Hackintosh... this will solve your problems on OSX 13 Venture.
Thank you DreamWhite... whoever you are!
@r4eshaddict @brandname Also where did you place the kext at? (in what order in Kernel of Opencore (after what)?

Last edited:
I was able to get this kext working again in Sonoma. See attached for the compiled kext.

I modified dreamwhite's project, changing line 124 of CommanderProFix.cpp to:

View attachment 572884

I built it with the latest Lilu libs (v1.6.7)

This works perfectly for Sonoma 14.1.1. Much thanks to you kind sir!

Back