Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X79
CPU
Intel i7-4930k 3.4Ghz
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA Superclocked 8Gb
Tonight I was attempted to create the bootable USB drive with El Capitan version 10.11.6 and Unibeast version 6.2.0. It was a brand new 16Gb USB drive that I literally just purchased (never even transferred a file to it yet).

During the creation of the Unibeast bootable drive; I got an error that said something along the lines of "Failed to create the bootable with Unibeast". That is not the exact wordage at all, but what it did was completely corrupt my USB. It threw it into write-only, and if I go to check how much space is on the drive it says 200Mb is free, and 5Kb is used. I tried to re-format it on the Mac OS side of things, and that failed. I tried the same on Windows and that also failed. I tried several techniques to change it out of write-only mode, but nothing worked at all.

Is this that common of an issue with Unibeast? And is there a known way to fix this? I did use the USB for the first time today and had no issues with it transferring files. It only corrupted during the process of making it a bootable drive with Unibeast.

Thank you

Last edited:
Maybe the drive was faulty before you actually began. I've used UniBeast many times without seeing this issue. Seems like the 200mb is the either the firmware for the drive or EFI partition but the main partition is gone. What type of USB drive is it?

Maybe the drive was faulty before you actually began. I've used UniBeast many times without seeing this issue. Seems like the 200mb is the either the firmware for the drive or EFI partition but the main partition is gone. What type of USB drive is it?
I accidentally forgot at the beginning of this post that I had actually used it once today during class. I had put some important files on it, but lost them when I started the partitioning for Unibeast. That's the least of my worries as I finished the homework project after making this post last night.

The 200Mb is the EFI partition. The other 5.0Kb is the firmware. The other 15Gb's is no where to be found. It is a Patriot Quick Drive 16Gb. I just emailed Patriot and asked if they had any solution for it.

Hopefully you'll get a response from them or even a replacement. I've not known a partition to magically disappear. Interested in what they recommend.

Hopefully you'll get a response from them or even a replacement. I've not known a partition to magically disappear. Interested in what they recommend.
Patriot Memory is respecting the warranty and are going to accept back the flash drive to give me a new one. They let me use their formatting tool, but that failed, hence why they're respecting the warranty.

Would you know if it'd be possible to re-connect my GTX 780 Ti along with my GTX 1080 (obviously no SLI bridge) and run the Hackintosh off of the 780, and my Windows side off of the 1080 in the same computer?

Patriot Memory is respecting the warranty and are going to accept back the flash drive to give me a new one. They let me use their formatting tool, but that failed, hence why they're respecting the warranty.
Good news and thats what the warranty is for. Seems their customer support was very helpful and pleased you're getting a replacement.
Would you know if it'd be possible to re-connect my GTX 780 Ti along with my GTX 1080 (obviously no SLI bridge) and run the Hackintosh off of the 780, and my Windows side off of the 1080 in the same computer?
If you put the 780 Ti in slot one(nearest the CPU) you may be able to run macOS. The reason I said "may" is because I've tried helping out with dual Nvidia cards the past few days with other users and there appears to be problems. That being said both cards were supported by the Web Drivers whereas only one have has support. Your 780 Ti doesn't require the web drivers and should work with the default macOS drivers. Keep it simple and start with the bare vanilla install. Only add the drivers if you need to. Interested in your findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back