CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
ASUS GTX 660 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No doubt because of repeated freezing by my motherboard, I now am unable to empty trash, getting an error message, "The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50)." Dropbox no longer opens, and Safari keeps opening the same tags from the last time things were normal.

I've run Disk Doctor to repair permissions on my boot SSD and get the message, "Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Clearly, I have problems.

I can boot onto my original thumb drive and have Time Machine backups dating back to last night. Should I format the drive and restore from a Time Machine backup, or is there an alternative less drastic?

The error you're getting is actually normal and not the cause of your other issues, you can google it and see it's nothing to worry about. However whatever is causing the other issues is probably software related, you should backup your files and probably reinstall the os

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back