Graphics
Intel UHD 630 / NVIDIA GTX 1650 Max-Q
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I'm trying to install macOS Catalina on my Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 2 (Coffee Lake i7-9750H / UHD 630 / 16GB RAM), but I'm having an issue where as soon as I try running the installation image via Clover, all the text on the screen is garbled up and unreadable, as seen in the screenshot below. I should note that Clover itself works fine.

bad-graphics.png

I've tried a few different things, like changing resolutions, completely disabling the dedicated GPU, manually setting the EDID using the WhateverGreen "override-no-connect" property, but nothing seems to work. My guess for the cause of this issue is that the laptop's display is an HDR display (1920x1080, 500nit), but I might be completely wrong. As it stands, there is some issue when booting up the installation that I can't resolve, since none of the text is readable.

I'd greatly appreciate any help / hints.

Last edited:
I was getting the same distorted graphics has you until I used UEFI with CSM instead of just UEFI Bios. might help

I was getting the same distorted graphics has you until I used UEFI with CSM instead of just UEFI Bios. might help
Unfortunately I'm already running in UEFI with CSM enabled. I also tried in legacy BIOS mode but that didn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back