Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7 7700HQ
Graphics
HD630
Hello,

I have for some weeks now been trying to convert my old Samsung NP940X into a hackintosh. I'm slowly making progress but there is one issue I can't seem to figure out myself.

The problem appears in programs that utilizes hardware acceleration (both 2D/3D), parts of the visuals gets corrupted. I have attached a screenshot. (Chess)
I also get this issue sometimes across the bottom of the screen for a split second when minimizing apps.

It seems to go away if I lower the resolution to 1600x900. However, not using the native resolution (3200x1800) is a no-no for me. Too fugly

Quick summary of my graphics configuration:

DVMT-prealloc set to 96MB in UEFI (Also tried with 128MB)

config.plist:
  • ig-platform-id: 0x0a2e0008
  • IntelGFX: 04128086
Kexts:
  • FakePCIID
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
Patches:
  • "Enable 96MB DVMT-prealloc, 0x0a2e0008" (Makes no difference)
  • CoreDisplay Patcher
Thank you in advance

UXxeRrj.jpg

Attachments

• ProblemReportingFiles.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 76
Hello,

I have for some weeks now been trying to convert my old Samsung NP940X into a hackintosh. I'm slowly making progress but there is one issue I can't seem to figure out myself.

The problem appears in programs that utilizes hardware acceleration (both 2D/3D), parts of the visuals gets corrupted. I have attached a screenshot. (Chess)
I also get this issue sometimes across the bottom of the screen for a split second when minimizing apps.

It seems to go away if I lower the resolution to 1600x900. However, not using the native resolution (3200x1800) is a no-no for me. Too fugly

Quick summary of my graphics configuration:

DVMT-prealloc set to 96MB in UEFI (Also tried with 128MB)

config.plist:
  • ig-platform-id: 0x0a2e0008
  • IntelGFX: 04128086
Kexts:
  • FakePCIID
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
Patches:
  • "Enable 96MB DVMT-prealloc, 0x0a2e0008" (Makes no difference)
  • CoreDisplay Patcher
Thank you in advance

UXxeRrj.jpg

I would try 0xa260006 with a 128mb DVMT-prealloc or 196mb DVMT-prealloc patch.

Boot gets stuck when trying 0xa260006 at "gIOScreenLockState". I have previously tried all available values in clover configurator but with no success. (Either stuck at gIOScreenLockState or boots up just fine but with the artifacts) I have now tried with 128 and 196 and still no success

Boot gets stuck when trying 0xa260006 at "gIOScreenLockState". I have previously tried all available values in clover configurator but with no success. (Either stuck at gIOScreenLockState or boots up just fine but with the artifacts) I have now tried with 128 and 196 and still no success

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back