Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Have been running my Hackintosh for about 3 months now - been great. However in the last week if I try to play a Quicktime movie via quicklook or if a video plays in Safari (such as an advert or youtube) it is a scrambled green mess and it hangs the whole system after a second.

I can play the same video's in the Quicktime.app or in Chrome without a problem.

I've tried Googling to see if others have the same problem and can't find anything that matches. How can I diagnose the issue and find a fix?

If the worst comes to the worst, what's the best way to re-install? I have a superduper backup from a few weeks ago and also an always on time machine backup.

I am having the same exact problem. I have not found anything on this with google. Mine too, seemed to be working perfectly before

I'm still having this issue. It's a pain as adverts in the background in Safari can lock up the whole system. I have switched to Chrome which has no issues with the same pages but I miss icloud tab sync to my iPad :/

One thing I have noticed is that the TonyMac screen doesn't appear anymore when booting - it goes from Bios to a black screen with a cycling cursor and then to the apple boot screen. Has my installation gone wrong?

What's the best method to do a reinstall? Clone the HD, re-run all the bootloader etc and then use migration assistant to get my info back?

You can add me to the list of people having the issue. Do you both have Nvidia GFX cards?

So I fixed my issue by installing a Mac Pro system definition instead of the one I was using. I had to remove the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from /System/Library/Extensions because I was getting KPs on boot but other than that the issue is resolved for my build. Hope it helps you.

As far as reinstalling your chameleon boot theme, just rerun MultiBeast and choose only the default or original theme and nothing else if that's all you want to change/fix.

Sorry, had sort of given up on this thread.

Was just checking back to see if 10.8.3 might fix the issue (it didn't but installed okay), and I thought I'd look.

So I tried your advice StBilyumChill and it worked! I had exactly the same issue with the MCE kext file but otherwise all fixed.

Thank you so much :)

Have been running my Hackintosh for about 3 months now - been great. However in the last week if I try to play a Quicktime movie via quicklook or if a video plays in Safari (such as an advert or youtube) it is a scrambled green mess and it hangs the whole system after a second.
Did you install FlashPlayer?

Did you install FlashPlayer?

I'm having this issue too. I thought it was that too, so I updated Flash Player but it still crashes the system after a few seconds of loading that distorted green video. No problem in Chrome. With Nvidia GT 640. I don't want to use the Mac Pro sysdef because of power management, although I need to check Toleda's other thread about that because I'm not sure if I should be using the Ivy Bridge Mac Mini sysdef on an Ivy Bridge board with 3570K. What do you think Toleda? What about the Mac Pro sysdef could be different enough to fix this crash?

I am also having this problem with my GTX 650 running Mountain Lion 10.8.5...

So I fixed my issue by installing a Mac Pro system definition instead of the one I was using. I had to remove the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from /System/Library/Extensions because I was getting KPs on boot but other than that the issue is resolved for my build. Hope it helps you.

As far as reinstalling your chameleon boot theme, just rerun MultiBeast and choose only the default or original theme and nothing else if that's all you want to change/fix.

Thank you so much! Changing system definition to Mac Pro (I did 6,1) fixed it for me too. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back