Contribute
Register

Corrupt apple downloads!

Motherboard
ASUS H81M-E
CPU
Intel > Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GTX 570
Are all the old OSX downloads from apple buggered now? Ive Tried El Capitan at least a dozen times over the last few days on multiple machines. And every time I get the Can't mount InstallESD error. Ive been deleting each time and emptying the trash. I've also tried Yosamity and Maverics with the same outcome? Ive tried mounting the image via a command I found on these forums, I've even tried running the installer to install onto a spare partition and even it is saying its corrupt and delete and re download. What's the solution?

Ive Tried El Capitan at least a dozen times over the last few days on multiple machines. And every time I get the Can't mount InstallESD error.
What machines have you tried ?

My old MacBook first few times… but then it died on me…. So put back together an old hackintosh I had for the next dozen tries… both are running around this era of os's… I haven’t built a hackintosh for a long time…..

My old MacBook first few times… but then it died on me…. So put back together an old hackintosh I had for the next dozen tries… both are running around this era of os's… I haven’t built a hackintosh for a long time…..
What you'll need is a Mac or Hack using a System Definition that can run El Capitan. That means a 2015 or older Mac. A newer OS like Big Sur or Monterey won't work unless you have the full installer. Hardware from about 2010 to 2014 will be the ideal range.

Screen Shot 14.jpg

If your goal is El Capitan. Another option would be to find a low cost Mac mini with Yosemite installed then upgrade it.
Fairly easy to upgrade the ram and HDD to a faster SSD. Can't beat the low price.

Last edited:
because sow me potentila securyti risk when i would like to download
Downloading direct from Apple is never a security risk. Post a screenshot of the message.

Back