5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Are all the old OSX downloads from apple buggered now? Ive Tried El Capitan at least a dozen times over the last few days on multiple machines. And every time I get the Can't mount InstallESD error. Ive been deleting each time and emptying the trash. I've also tried Yosamity and Maverics with the same outcome? Ive tried mounting the image via a command I found on these forums, I've even tried running the installer to install onto a spare partition and even it is saying its corrupt and delete and re download. What's the solution?
Your clock/date/time is likely off. Usually you get that error because the digital signature is no longer valid. Before you install MacOS, when you are at the first screen and you have the option to use Disk Utility and the other items, instead go to the top menu and Utilities->Terminal. Apple usually releases their versions in Sep-Nov, so set your clock for the January in the year after that. Turn off your wifi and unplug your ethernet so it does not pull current time from an NTP server.

Here are the release dates

and a sample video

Back