Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey there,

Just installed Snow Leopard on my new (well, upgraded) machine since my SSD arrived in the post yesterday. So far there haven't been too many issues, but one thing continuing to annoy me is that every time I boot up, I'm forced to look at the ugly bootloader and loading screen, which aren't running at my native resolution of 1680x1050. The bootloader is Chimera which has been installed using MultiBeast, and I'm using the default Chameleon RC5 theme.

Is there any way to have the whole boot process run at my native resolution?

Thanks

My graphics card only has support for 4:3 resolution in the bios so I'm in the same boat. My resolution is 1680x1050 as well and my GPU is a Gigabyte ATI Radeon 6850.

check the compatible resolutions of your vid card under the boot loading screen (just click any button and go to the menu option)

you can then go into E/E/Themes/Default/theme.plist and tweak the boot_width boot_height to the appropriate resolutions.

Also, You can go into the E/E/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file and change the legacy logo to No and then change the boot.png image in E/E/Themes/Default/ to the black apple logo (found somewhere online). There is a good thread over on insanelymac on how to do this

You might have to tweak the "shape" (h x w) of the apple logo you choose so it looks right on your loading screen.

hope that helps somewhat.

it's definitely a trial and error thing.

wanye said:
My graphics card only has support for 4:3 resolution in the bios so I'm in the same boat. My resolution is 1680x1050 as well and my GPU is a Gigabyte ATI Radeon 6850.

check the compatible resolutions of your vid card under the boot loading screen (just click any button and go to the menu option)

you can then go into E/E/Themes/Default/theme.plist and tweak the boot_width boot_height to the appropriate resolutions.

Also, You can go into the E/E/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file and change the legacy logo to No and then change the boot.png image in E/E/Themes/Default/ to the black apple logo (found somewhere online). There is a good thread over on insanelymac on how to do this

You might have to tweak the "shape" (h x w) of the apple logo you choose so it looks right on your loading screen.

hope that helps somewhat.

it's definitely a trial and error thing.
Okay, I'll be honest: I uninstalled OS X.

But thanks for your post anyway, and I'll reply as well.

When I went to the compatible resolutions for my card by going to video options in Chimera, the maximum supported 16:10 resolution was 1280x800.

Changing the boot_width and boot_height only told Chimera to select the best resolution for that, which it decided was 1600x1200 instead of 1280x800, so I changed that to 1280x800 and I basically got a screen which wasn't at the correct resolution but was at least at the right aspect ratio.

Anyway, thanks for your help, I usually have a play around with OSx86 every so often, last time was when Snow Leopard was fairly new, this time it was when Lion was fairly new. But I don't have any real use for it so I just end up uninstalling it. :lachen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back