Contribute
Register

corneredbeast's build [P9X79 PRO | 3930K | XFX 6870]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peposo said:
Hi, i am looking to build the same machine apart from hdd's and power supply and possibly the Deluxe version of the Mobo. Have you had any luck getting the USB 3.0 to work yet or have you not experimented with it.

I regret a little buying the Deluxe version. Both the bluetooth and wifi are disabled in my bios as they were giving me kernel panics. If I were to buy something again, I go for the pro version and if I need something I would just buy a seperate usb dongle for wireless for example. Just some advice!

I'm still not sure about my USB 3 ports working or not, because I don't own any USB3 devices to test with.

Right ok, i was leaning towards the Pro due to price anyway and that i will be using an Ethernet cable rather than wi-fi. Thanks for the advice

I have the deluxe with wifi and bluetooth both working with no kernel panics. Attached are the kexts I use.

DeviceMergeNub fakes info so that OS X loads the correct newer firmware onto the atheros wireless card.

IOath3kfrmware uploads the proper firmware to the bluetooth module.

Attachments

• p9x79deluxewifibluetooth.zip
    208.8 KB · Views: 213
Hi there,

I only achieved about 15,000 geek bench with this build.

Could you please screenshot your BIOS settings and send them through? Trying to work out how to bump it up.

thanks!

llauqsd said:
I have the deluxe with wifi and bluetooth both working with no kernel panics. Attached are the kexts I use.

DeviceMergeNub fakes info so that OS X loads the correct newer firmware onto the atheros wireless card.

THANKS!!! A lot! You made a great contribution to my build. I got bluetooth and Wifi working!

I also read your post on the C1E setting in the bios. Thanks for that one as well, it works perfectly and it even makes 'about my mac' read the corrct frequency, in my case 4,2 GHZ.

So... Do you also have a clue how to get USB 3 working???
It seems to be the very last issue with the p9x79. And ofcourse sleep doesn't work, nut I really don't care at all about that.

Sleep works with sleepenabler.kext. Using PXHCD.kext gives usb3 support but I believe it still has some major issues, plus it breaks sleep.

Peposo said:
THANKS!!! A lot! You made a great contribution to my build. I got bluetooth and Wifi working!

I also read your post on the C1E setting in the bios. Thanks for that one as well, it works perfectly and it even makes 'about my mac' read the corrct frequency, in my case 4,2 GHZ.

So... Do you also have a clue how to get USB 3 working???
It seems to be the very last issue with the p9x79. And ofcourse sleep doesn't work, nut I really don't care at all about that.

I tried the pxhcd.kext but with no result. I can't connect anything to those ports!

llauqsd said:

Hi, how to install bluetooth?

Guys,

a totally newbie here on hackintosh thing asking help on my build :). here are my specs

Asus P9X79 deluxe
i7-3930k
nvidia quadro k2000
16GB corsair vengence DDR3 1600mhz
corsair force gs 128gb ssd
h100i
hx850
2TB 7200 rpm seagate barracuda

step by step guide and download files will highly be appreciated.:D

Do you have a DSDT file for your build?

I have the same motherboard but have gone with an ASUS GTX 680 card, tried to find the correct settings in multibeast, used yours but did not work for me.

Also got an annoying problem with the USB Ports sitching off when not used for a while.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back