i9-7980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Core i7 notebook sudden shutdown ... ProBook 4530S and others ...

I collect experiences and possible solutions ...

blueking said:
What shutdown are you talking about? I've not heard of this.

Yes, the classic shutdown due to overheating, doing normal things not happen, but if we put in to make a Reder Adobe Premiere, which requires the processor shuts down. readers up to temperature 80 C ° 90 C °, the fans are not 100% but the vast refrigeration. I see other people's wrong. As I said not only Windows but also Mac.

There are very few people here with the i7, it seems that would be better to resolve where there are more.

blueking said:
There are very few people here with the i7, it seems that would be better to resolve where there are more.

Well, I've tried Half-Life 2 Episode 2 has worked perfectly with temprarturas of 70C ° to 1080, in MAC personally, I see the 4530S works better on MAC but I think it is thanks to Core i7 does not the turbo boost, in Windows if you apply a 30% overcloding and heats up the system until you drop.

Did you upgrade your CPU, or you bought it like this?
If you bought it with this i7 CPU, you better troubleshooting with HP.
Call them and explain them your problem.
As long this is happening also to your Windows Partition it means is not MacOSX problem.

after upgrading to i7, is the CPU completely covered by the heat sink?

Also you might wanna try changing the thermal grease (try: Shin-Etsu MicroSi G751)
or if you want a really good one, go for Indigo Xtreme :)

You can also find a better FAN.

Lorengrin said:
Well, I've tried Half-Life 2 Episode 2 has worked perfectly with temprarturas of 70C ° to 1080, in MAC personally, I see the 4530S works better on MAC but I think it is thanks to Core i7 does not the turbo boost, in Windows if you apply a 30% overcloding and heats up the system until you drop.

I have also upgraded my i3 to i7. No problems since now. on windows temp up to 79-80 C° and after that turboboost throttles from 2.5GHz to 2.4 GHz. On OSX max temps 72-73 C° (according to smcFanControl). I believe that the my i7 doesn't Turbo Boost either, since my last upgrade (1080p). Maybe it is something to do with the DSDT???
Before that turboboost was enabled (4.78 Cinebench scores) but no sudden shutdown. It is probably problem of your cooling system or thermal paste. (try to reinstall some maybe?)

timohour said:
Lorengrin said:

I have also upgraded my i3 to i7. No problems since now. on windows temp up to 79-80 C° and after that turboboost throttles from 2.5GHz to 2.4 GHz. On OSX max temps 72-73 C° (according to smcFanControl). I believe that the my i7 doesn't Turbo Boost either, since my last upgrade (1080p). Maybe it is something to do with the DSDT???
Before that turboboost was enabled (4.78 Cinebench scores) but no sudden shutdown. It is probably problem of your cooling system or thermal paste. (try to reinstall some maybe?)

Well, if you have not upgraded your computer to Core i7, the i7 Core acquired and, after working on the case these sudden blackouts pairs team be in a PCI Express eSATA, I worked with the processor 100% with temperatures of 73 ° for over 8 hours continuously, and it works perfect, clear that only the process works, I have to prove to the extremity being the graphic ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back