Contribute
Register

Core i5 2500k Showing Only 2 cores In CineBench??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
hackpro
CPU
Core i7-920
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD4890
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, here is my problem, I have an intel core i5 2500k and every time I go to Cinebench, and no matter what i do I only have two cores out of four cores working.(according to Cinebench) I have no idea what the problem may be... I Geekbenched my system and I got 7958(I have 4GB of Ram(one stick) and I am using a 320GB laptop drive as my main drive because its the only drive I had laying around.) similar builds with 2500k's will score 10,000 to 12,000 and there processor scores are way higher than mine. Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm interested in this as well. Cinebench only shows 2 cores/4 threads for my 2500K. I'm getting a 5.0 in Cinebench and an 8225 in Geekbench (32-bit mode trial version). I definitely have "All" cores enabled in the Bios, not sure where to go from here.

I would like to add my 5cents to this question. Any answers out there?

ignore the misrepresented cores/threads in cinebench, and focus on the score you get for your cpu.
eg, if you are getting 6, for example, with your cpu showing 2c/4t, and that corelates to similar cpus then your cpu is fine.

as an example, my cpu shows up as 2c/4t in CB, but the score i get is correct

if you have a dramatically lower score than you should, worry then, otherwise pay it no mind

Laminar said:
This review reports their 2500k as getting a 5.37 (with the Windows version of Cinebench), and this one gives an 8861 in Geekbench so maybe I'm not so far off with my 5.02 and 8225.
guys,
when ur running the cinebench cpu test,
it shows a box for each core,
ie. if you have a 12 core (6 core xeon X2), it will show 12 boxes
if you have the i5 2500K like i have, youll get 4 boxes so just ignore the 2c/4t
and you should get a little more than 5 in cinebench CPU :)

hackintosh1997 said:
guys,
when ur running the cinebench cpu test,
it shows a box for each core,
ie. if you have a 12 core (6 core xeon X2), it will show 12 boxes
if you have the i5 2500K like i have, youll get 4 boxes so just ignore the 2c/4t
and you should get a little more than 5 in cinebench CPU :)

I assumed it had a box for each thread not each core.

I'm having the same issue with Cinebench with the core i5 2500k board is a H61N-USB3

Hi there!

My score in Cinebench R15 with OS X El Capitan is 550. With Windows it is 750 using an Intel i5 6600K.

Since my laptop already achieves 380 score I am very disappointed with the Mac score. Is there anything I am doing wrong? It only shows 2 cores but there are four boxes being rendered.

In Windows I can set the energy modes and the % of power the CPU uses. I have never seen such settings in OS X. Does that exist?

Btw, the CPU is OCd to 4,5Ghz in the BIOS

Regards!
anak85

---------------------

Edit: OC is not working and that is a whole other question...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back