Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello frineds

i have dell isnpiron 1545 core2duo windows based laptop. is it possible to install mac os in that. if yes..please how to do ..

I am wondering the same thing. I have tried the iBoot and iBoot legacy. I put in the retail DVD of SL 10.6 and nothing happens. If I us the -x or PCIRootUID=1 it crashes and asks to restart in safe mode. Any help would be appreciated.

El Capitan 10.11.5 installation on Core 2 Duo cpu.

I was able to install El Capitan 10.11.5 to my Core 2 Duo build.
I used the Unibeast 6.2.0 to create my USB installer with Legacy support.
I booted several times using the installer, failing more than 6 times, with a lot of patience and waiting; sometimes staring on a blank screen, before finally "forcing through" the installation GUI.
I used the VGA port of my GPU though I have the DVI and HDMI.

I can only boot into my SSD through the USB installer.
I used the procedure How to Copy USB EFI contents to System Drive EFI to make my SSD directly bootable without having to use the USB installer. It takes quite a lot of waiting for the USB installer to boot.
I tried using Multibeast 8.2.0 to configure my build but it doesn't seem to work, at least for the SSD direct booting.

I have problem with my network since I'm only using the onboard network function of a Marvell 88E8056 which is not supported by Multibeast. Can someone help me on this?

Network on Systems Preferences only shows Firewire connection.

El Capitan 10.11.5 installation on Core 2 Duo cpu.

I was able to install El Capitan 10.11.5 to my Core 2 Duo build.
I used the Unibeast 6.2.0 to create my USB installer with Legacy support.
I booted several times using the installer, failing more than 6 times, with a lot of patience and waiting; sometimes staring on a blank screen, before finally "forcing through" the installation GUI.
I used the VGA port of my GPU though I have the DVI and HDMI.

I can only boot into my SSD through the USB installer.
I used the procedure How to Copy USB EFI contents to System Drive EFI to make my SSD directly bootable without having to use the USB installer. It takes quite a lot of waiting for the USB installer to boot.
I tried using Multibeast 8.2.0 to configure my build but it doesn't seem to work, at least for the SSD direct booting.

I have problem with my network since I'm only using the onboard network function of a Marvell 88E8056 which is not supported by Multibeast. Can someone help me on this?

Network on Systems Preferences only shows Firewire connection.
Your hardware has no support in SL kernel - you are restricted to 10.8.5 or later version of OS X with Haswell hardware on your profile build.
On the Shuttle sig build it may be possible, but that G33 chipset is old and Shuttle may have modified the firmware - what BIOS settings are you able to see/change that would affect OS X installation?
Main ones are SATA support for AHCI, ACPI setting SSE3 for sleep/wake, HPET enabled and set to 64 bit.
Are you able to boot to desktop with iBoot?

Last edited:
Your hardware has no support in SL kernel - you are restricted to 10.8.5 or later version of OS X with Haswell hardware on your profile build.
On the Shuttle sig build it may be possible, but that G33 chipset is old and Shuttle may have modified the firmware - what BIOS settings are you able to see/change that would affect OS X installation?
Main ones are SATA support for AHCI, ACPI setting SSE3 for sleep/wake, HPET enabled and set to 64 bit.
Are you able to boot to desktop with iBoot?

Thank you for your reply.
I was able to fix my network problem already!
I have internet connection now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back