i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay, I have finally given up on nVidia drivers for Mojave and purchased a Gigabyte AORUS RX 580 to replace my Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050Ti. My question is are there any documented steps to doing this? Since the AMD card is natively supported by High Sierra and Mojave do I just...

Uninstall the nVidia Web Drivers
Reboot to make sure system all good at lower resolution
Shutdown and swap the graphics cards
Power up and enjoy

Is it really that easy?

Any Clover settings I should make sure to set or unset?

Thanks...

Okay, I have finally given up on nVidia drivers for Mojave and purchased a Gigabyte AORUS RX 580 to replace my Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050Ti. My question is are there any documented steps to doing this? Since the AMD card is natively supported by High Sierra and Mojave do I just...

Uninstall the nVidia Web Drivers
Reboot to make sure system all good at lower resolution
Shutdown and swap the graphics cards
Power up and enjoy

Is it really that easy?

Any Clover settings I should make sure to set or unset?

Thanks...
You just plug it in and that’s it. Nothing else to do.

My question is are there any documented steps to doing this? Since the AMD card is natively supported by High Sierra and Mojave

@Spunky03,

If your RX 580 is based on the AMD reference design then it might just be a case of uninstalling the Nvidia WebDrivers and installing the new card. However due to differences with a PC's ACPI tables vs a Mac's there are always some fixes that are needed such as ensuring the AMD GPU has the correct ACPI device name.

For most users installing Lilu + WhatEverGreen (WEG) is the easy way to ensure that the AMD GPU ACPI fixes are applied and the correct device properties injected into the IOREG which is covered in the Lilu + Plug-in's guide :-

Most issues occur with non-reference design AMD GPU's and tend to be with the number and types of monitor ports.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
That’s pretty much all I did. I updated to Catalina with my GTX 970 installed. Then swapped cards and removed the Web Drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back