Contribute
Register

Controlling volume via my Apple wireless Keyboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600 and GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I really want to be able to control my Volume from my Apple wireless Keyboard controls. I know that this is not possible with using HDMI Audio. I am running my HDMI through my GTX 760 and have my PCIe as the 1st boot option. I just purchased a SYBA SD-CM-UAUD71 USB Sound Adapter for Audio. If I don't set my 1st boot option as IGFX and plug my HDMI into my motherboard does that mean than I cannot get Audio through SYBA SD-CM-UAUD71 USB Sound Adapter and control volume via my Apple wireless keyboard. Basically I am looking to keep using my GTX 760 as 1st boot option and be able to control my Volume with my Apple wireless keyboard. Thanks for any advice.

I really want to be able to control my Volume from my Apple wireless Keyboard controls. I know that this is not possible with using HDMI Audio. I am running my HDMI through my GTX 760 and have my PCIe as the 1st boot option. I just purchased a SYBA SD-CM-UAUD71 USB Sound Adapter for Audio. If I don't set my 1st boot option as IGFX and plug my HDMI into my motherboard does that mean than I cannot get Audio through SYBA SD-CM-UAUD71 USB Sound Adapter and control volume via my Apple wireless keyboard. Basically I am looking to keep using my GTX 760 as 1st boot option and be able to control my Volume with my Apple wireless keyboard. Thanks for any advice.
Question for you. In Preferences->Sound->Output, below the box that lists Internal Speakers, Line Out, Digital Out, etc. can you adjust balance or adjust volume or does it say:

Settings for selected device: The selected device has no output controls.

If the selected device has no output controls, it is impossible to control volume from the desktop or from keyboard, no matter if the keyboard is wired or wireless.

For optical digital output for example, it looks like this:
OpticalDigitalOtput.png

and there is no way to control volume except with the volume controls on the device to which the optical output is connected - in this case, Behringer MS40 studio monitors. Volume/balance/tone is controlled from the right hand monitor.

Going bald - Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. For the line out - Audio Line out port I can adjust the volume via keyboard, but no sound comes out. However, when I select IGFX as 1st boot option then the Audio works from this same plug into Motherboard Audio jack. Do most people use Digital Audio (HDMI/Optical) when using there GTX GPU Card. I want to use my GTX 760 to it's fullest and use analogue Audio as that seems to be the only sound that can be adjusted for volume via Keyboard. Shouldn't I have internal speakers as an option under sound?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-16 at 5.44.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-16 at 5.44.32 PM.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 148
Going bald - Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. For the line out - Audio Line out port I can adjust the volume via keyboard, but no sound comes out. However, when I select IGFX as 1st boot option then the Audio works from this same plug into Motherboard Audio jack. Do most people use Digital Audio (HDMI/Optical) when using there GTX GPU Card. I want to use my GTX 760 to it's fullest and use analogue Audio as that seems to be the only sound that can be adjusted for volume via Keyboard. Shouldn't I have internal speakers as an option under sound?

Whether you have "internal speakers" or not depends on how you got audio to work to begin with.
DSDT edit? Patched AppleHDA with HDAEnabler1 or HDAEnabler2?
Best to look at toleda's post - http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html and see what you can work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back