CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've just about tried everything under the sun. My attempts to do a new install of Sierra on this system have been completely futile.

I've been posting on threads like a mad man trying to figure this out. For those who have offered some guidance I really do appreciate it. At this point I'm close to giving up. I've spent the last four days formatting, remaking usb drive(2.0), praying to the gods....I've done it all. Had a somewhat stable system running on EL CAPITAN. But once I made the jump to Sierra figuring the support for my Rx 560 would be better...here I am ST

Tried running on intel graphics first before setting up my RX 560. Ends in Black Screen at boot.
Tried running on discrete graphics from GPU. Ends in Black screen at boot.

What am I doing wrong here?

One random item I noticed when initially installing from USB drive, the install setup never asks me for a language. Is this negatable and I'm just being paranoid? I'm still able to format the install SSD and select it and proceed with install process. The computer reboots and at the Clover screen the install on the SSD is able to be selected as a boot option.

From there, I select my new install and the Apple logo appears with a progress bar. At about 90% of the progress bar the screen blinks, and it turns BLACK but it's almost backlit. I've read countless threads. They mention the Lilu and WhateverGreen Kext.

But if I can't even get into or see the desktop how am I supposed to troubleshoot any of this?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Here's my current setup:

i7-6700
AsRock Z170 Pro4 (BIOS 3.7)
Crucial Ballistix 16 GB
Crucial 275 SSD
Asus Strix RX 560 4GB

Tried running on intel graphics first before setting up my RX 560. Ends in Black Screen at boot.
There are changes to the new 10.12.5 / 10.12.6 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID and enter 0x12345678

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

There are changes to the new 10.12.5 / 10.12.6 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID and enter 0x12345678

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

Help me understand these concepts if that's ok. "ig-platform-id" is what exactly? is that the line under "Fake ID" in the Clover menu?If I'm not mistaken mine shows "x-platform-id." Don't know if that makes any difference.

Once I attempt to boot from my new drive, after installation process with USB, I never even make it to the desktop. So installing kexts is impossible. Make it to STEP #5 in this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

ALWAYS ENDS IN BLACK BACKLIT LOOKING SCREEN. PLEASE HELP.

Help me understand these concepts if that's ok. "ig-platform-id" is what exactly? is that the line under "Fake ID" in the Clover menu?If I'm not mistaken mine shows "x-platform-id." Don't know if that makes any difference.
You have to enter 0x12345678 as FakeID
Once I attempt to boot from my new drive, after installation process with USB, I never even make it to the desktop.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back